|Founder 👔||Kenneth Shoji|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Parent||Arabica International Ltd|
History & background
% Arabica was founded by Kenneth Shoji, who was born and raised in Tokyo. Shoji moved to Hong kong in 2011. Inspired by his frequent visits to Starbucks when living in Venice Beach during his college years in the 1990s, he bought a coffee farm in Hawaii and then opened the first % Arabica store in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in 2013.
% Arabica source coffee from more than 30 countries including Hawaii, Brazil, Ethiopia, Panama, El Salvador and Guatemala.
In 2014, % Arabica opened its global flagship store in Kyoto, Japan.
In May, 2020 % Arabica announced the opening of its first US store in Manhattan, New York.
- Hadfield, James (2015-09-04). "Roasted-on-the-spot coffee from Kyoto is going global". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "%Arabica: If you haven't bean, this cafe's a strong addition". The National. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Hansen, James (2019-01-22). "Aggressively Slick Japanese Coffee Brand Confirms East London Opening". Eater London. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Warerkar, Tanay (2020-05-08). "Hit Japanese Coffee Chain %Arabica Plots Its First U.S. Outpost in NYC". Eater NY. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Kyoto's % Arabica to open first UK site in London". Catering Today. 2019-01-22. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- CoconutsBali (2019-11-12). "Famed Kyoto coffee chain % Arabica is coming to Bali next year | Coconuts Bali". Coconuts. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Retail & Leisure International (2020-05-27). "% Arabica Thailand flagship store set to launch in Bangkok". Retail & Leisure International. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
This article "% Arabica" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:% Arabica. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.