|Edit this InfoBox|
|File:Štefan Beniač portrait.jpg|
Štefan Beniač as a deacon
|Born||27 March 1869|
|Died||21 February 1942|
Slovak Republic (1939–1945), Spišská Sobota
|Other names||Benyács, Csacai|
|Education||Bishop's seminary of St. Ladislas the King in Nitra (slovak: Biskupský kňazský seminár svätého Ladislava kráľa v Nitre)|
Štefan Beniač KC*HS, born Benyács (* 27 March 1869, Žilina – † 21 February 1942, Spišská Sobota) was a Slovak priest, preacher and publicist. Until 1918, he used the pseudonym Csacai (slovak: Čadčiansky).
Štefan Beniač was born in Žilina to his parents Štefan (butcher in Žilina) and Juliana (born Piovarči). He studied in Nitra. After study he became a chaplain in Raková (Kysuce region) and Rosina. From 1902 until 1920 he was a parish priest in Čadca. Beniač was a shareholder in Textile factory in Čadca. Shareholders of this factory made him the reason for the bankruptcy of the factory after the World War I. As a result of these events, he retired in 1920 and left Čadca. He lived in Budapest (Hungary) since then an he died on February 21, 1942 in Spišská Sobota. He was buried at the cemetery in Žilina. Štefan Beniač was a publisher for many ecclesiastical newspapers.
Honours and awards
- Benemerenti Medal awarded in 1902 by Pope Leo XIII.
- Order of the Holy Sepulchre, „Grand Officier“ – KC*HS
- Papal count
- Peschke, Michael (2006). International encyclopedia of pseudonyms . Part 1 , Real names . 2, A - Bradds. München: K. G. Saur. p. 237. ISBN 978-3-598-24961-7.
- Rizner, Ľudovít, Vladimír (1929). Bibliografia písomníctva slovenského na spôsob slovníka od najstarších čias do konca r. 1900. Martin. pp. 114–115.
- Čadca, Parish. "Dejiny farnosti". www.cadcafarnost.szm.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Týždeň kresťanskej kultúry — Žilina Gallery". zilina-gallery.sk (in slovenčina). Retrieved 2018-02-22.
This article "Štefan Beniač" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Štefan Beniač/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.