Picture of an Israeli librarian, using Wikipedia, used to publicise the project
|Date||15 January 2016|
#1Lib1Ref ("One Librarian, One Reference") was a Wikipedia publicity drive that asked each librarian on Earth to mark the 15th anniversary of the foundation of Wikipedia, on 15 January 2016, by adding a citation to the online encyclopedia.
The organisers estimated that if each librarian on the planet spent 15 minutes adding a citation, then the English Wikipedia's backlog of 350,000  templates would be cleared.
As of the end of the campaign, 1,232 revisions on 879 pages, by 327 users in 9 languages used the hashtag #1lib1ref in the edit summary with the total edit count estimated to be around 50% below the actual number. Furthermore the hashtag was used in 1100 Twitter posts by over 630 users.
- Rust, Amanda (14 January 2016). "#1Lib1Ref: Imagine a World Where Every Librarian Added One More Reference to Wikipedia". Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "#1Lib1Ref ACRL TechConnect Blog". ACRL. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Scheeder, Donna (15 January 2016). "Wikipedia birthday greetings". International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "The Wikipedia Library/1Lib1Ref". Wikimedia Foundation. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- Stinson, Alex (15 January 2016). "#1Lib1Ref: Help Celebrate Wikipedia's Birthday during 15-23 January by Adding a Reference". Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Springfield, Greene County librarians add to Wikipedia #1Lib1Ref campaign. You can, too". Springfield News-Leader. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- "1Lib1Ref". Folgerpedia. Folger Shakespeare Library. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Wikipedia's 2018 #1lib1ref Campaign* | Idaho Commission for Libraries". libraries.idaho.gov. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- "1Lib1Ref Lessons - Outcomes by the numbers". Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- Official website (on Meta Wiki)
This article "1Lib1Ref" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:1Lib1Ref. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.