2018 Vintage Yachting Games – Soling
|Race area||Alpha, Bravo|
|Period||September 16 to September 22|
|2018 Vintage |
|12' Dinghy International Rule||Open|
The Soling was an event on the 2018 Vintage Yachting Games program at Copenhagen, Denmark. Seven out of the eight scheduled race were completed. 18 sailors, on 6 boats, from 5 nations entered.
- 1 Venue overview
- 2 Races 
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
- 5 Please reconsider since the parallel pages 2018 Vintage Yachting Games – O-Jolle and 2018 Vintage Yachting Games – 12' Dinghy International Rule are approved.
Venue overview[edit | edit source]
Race area and Course[edit | edit source]
|Both course areas were available for and used by the Soling||Both Course 1 and 2 were used by the Soling|
Wind conditions[edit | edit source]
The Øresund in front of the Hellerup Sejlklub was during the 2018 Vintage Yachting Games one of the targets of the remains of the Hurricane Florence. This resulted in South-Westerly winds that varied between 12 and 38 knots over the period of the Vintage. Course area Alpha was more in the open sea. With the South-Westerly winds this ment more wind and more waves. Also the wind was more stable and predictable then closer to shore. Only on Saturday course area Bravo was chosen for the final racing since there was less wind.
|Date||Race||Sky||Wind direction||Wind speed (kn)||Course area|
|18-SEP||I||Grand yachting weather||SW||12–16||Alpha|
|19-SEP||II||Strong yachting weather||SW||12–20||Alpha|
|19-SEP||III||Strong yachting weather||SW||15–20||Alpha|
|20-SEP||IV||Strong yachting weather||SW||14–18||Alpha|
|20-SEP||V||Strong yachting weather||SW||15–8||Alpha|
|20-SEP||VI||Strong yachting weather||SW veering to NW||10–4||Alpha|
|21-SEP||No races due to too much wind|
|22-SEP||VII||Very strong yachting weather||SW||22–31||Bravo|
|22-SEP||VIII||Cancelled due to too much wind.|
Races [edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
In the Soling seven out of the planned eight races were completed.
The Soling class (Olympic between 1972 and 2000) really brought 4 out of 5 top teams of the Open Dutch Championship 2018 from the week before to the Vintage. The first four races were dominated by the team of NED 33. When the wind slowed down on the third day UKR 1, NED 38 and CAN 255 were batteling it out. On the final day it was decided that the Soling was the only class to go out for two races. After NED 33 won the first one the final ranking could not be changed anymore. As result race 8 was cancelled.
Results[edit | edit source]
|Team (Country)||Race I||Race II||Race III||Race IV||Race V||Race VI||Race VII||Total
| Netherlands (NED) 33
Rudy den Outer
Theo de Lange
| Canada (CAN) 225
Peter W. Hall
| Ukraine (UKR) 1
|4|| Netherlands (NED) 38
|5|| Austria (AUT) 102
|6|| Denmark (DEN) 127
- dnc = did not compete
- dnf = did not finish
- Crossed out results did not count for the total result.
Daily standings[edit | edit source]
Victors[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Information about the Vintage Yachting Classes (former Olympic classes) can be verified by:
- World Sailing
- Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam
- Vintage Yachting Games Organization
Information about the organization, conditions, sailors and results can be verified by:
- Manage 2 Sail
- Twaalf Voets Jollen Club
- Admiralty 12' Dinghy (International Rule)
- International Olympiajol Union
- International Soling Association
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sailing". International Olympic Committee. 2018-05-15. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Classes & Equipment". World Sailing. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Het Scheepvaartmuseum". Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Vintage Yachting Games (The Olympics for the former Olympics)". Vintage Yachting Games Organization. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Vintage Yachting Games,Olympic Classes. Bergambacht: 2008 Vintage Organizing Committee. 2008. ISBN 978-90-78440-23-9.
- "2018 Vintage Yachting Games". Manage 2 Sail. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Vintage Yachting Games / KYC & Hellerup Sejlklub , Copenhagen 16/09/2018 To 22/09/2018. / Rk=1.5". International Soling Association. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- The first mentioned person is the helmsperson
- The 2017–2020 Bonus scoring system was used.
- Total after applying discard.
- "kopenhagen-vintage-yachting-games-2018". Twaalf Voets Jollen Club. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "The Vintage Yachting Games". Admirality 12' Dinghy (International Rule). Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Vintage Yachting Games in Kopenhagen; prachtig!". International Olympiajol Union. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
Please reconsider since the parallel pages 2018 Vintage Yachting Games – O-Jolle and 2018 Vintage Yachting Games – 12' Dinghy International Rule are approved.[edit | edit source]
This article "2018 Vintage Yachting Games – Soling" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:2018 Vintage Yachting Games – Soling. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.