2022 Philippine Senate election
The 2022 election of members to the Senate of the Philippines is the 34th election of members to the Senate of the Philippines for a six-year term.
Senators are term limited to two consecutive terms, although they are eligible for a third or more non-consecutive terms.
The Liberal Party and its coalition Otso Diretso will continue to contest in elections in 2022.
Incumbents not term limited
- Manny Pacquiao (PCM)
- Pacquiao has denied he is running for president in 2022 and instead is planning to run for a second term under his party People's Champ Movement.
- Antonio Trillanes (Magdalo)
- Trillanes said that Magdalo plans to field him again as a candidate for the Senate.
President Rodrigo Duterte has suggested junking Smartmatic as a partner for future elections because of problems from the previous election. However, Smartmatic still wants to participate in the future.
|Senate bloc||Majority bloc||Minority bloc|
|Party||Seats up for election|
|Senate bloc||19th Congress of the Philippines|
- ‡ Seats up
- * Gained by a party from another party
- √ Held by the incumbent
- + Held by the same party with a new senator
|Leila de Lima||Otso Diretso||Liberal||%|
|Risa Hontiveros||Otso Diretso||Akbayan||%|
|Manny Pacquiao||HNP||[[People's Champ Movement|]]||%|
|Francis Pangilinan||Otso Diretso||Liberal||%|
|Antonio Trillanes||Otso Diretso||[[Magdalo Party-List|]]||%|
|Joel Villanueva||[[Citizens' Battle Against Corruption|]]||%|
|Juan Miguel Zubiri||Independent||%|
|Reference: Commission on Elections sitting as the National Board of Canvassers.|
|Total||%||Swing||Entered||Up||Not up||Gains||Holds||Losses||Won||Current 18th||19th||+/−|
|PDP-Laban (Philippine Democratic Party–People's Power)||1||4||5|
|Nacionalista (Nationalist Party)||1||3||4|
|Liberal (Liberal Party)||3||0||3|
|NPC (Nationalist People's Coalition)||2||1||3|
|Akbayan (Akbayan Citizens' Action Party)||1||0||1|
|[[Citizens' Battle Against Corruption|]] (Citizens' Battle Against Corruption)||1||0||1|
|Lakas (People Power–Christian Muslim Democrats)||0||1||1|
|[[Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino|]] (Struggle of Democratic Filipinos)||0||1||1|
|UNA (United Nationalist Alliance)||0||1||1|
- "Term of Office and Privileges". Senate of the Philippines.
- "After tough loss in midterm polls, Otso Diretso has eyes set on 2022". Rappler. June 3, 2019.
- "President Pacquiao in 2022? 'No plan' but wants own national party". Rappler. March 1, 2019.
- "Opposition is solid for Robredo in 2022 – Trillanes". Rappler. February 19, 2020.
- "Duterte says Comelec should junk Smartmatic machines". Rappler. May 30, 2019.
- "Smartmatic still wants to be part of Philippine elections". Rappler. July 15, 2019.
Category:2022 elections in the Philippines 2022
This article "2022 Philippine Senate election" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:2022 Philippine Senate election. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.