ACC 50th Anniversary men's basketball team
During the 2002–03 school year, the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) celebrated its 50th anniversary by selecting the top players in its respective sports. Fifty players were selected for the men's basketball team, which was voted on by a 120-member committee that was chosen by the conference's 50th Anniversary Committee.
North Carolina (12) and Duke (11) led all schools with the most selections. Maryland had eight players selected, followed by Wake Forest (5), Georgia Tech and NC State (4), Virginia (3), Clemson (2) and South Carolina with one. The 50th Anniversary team includes:
- 17 players who earned National Player of the Year honors a total of 22 times. Ralph Sampson is the only three-time winner in the conference's history.
- 27 players who earned consensus first-team All-America honors a total of 38 times.
- 18 players who were three-time first-team All-ACC selections.
- 48 players were first round selections in either the annual NBA or ABA draft, including 9 players who were the first overall selection in that year's draft.
- 7 players who earned Academic All-American honors.
The ACC 50th Anniversary Men's Basketball Team[edit | edit source]
In alphabetical order:
References[edit | edit source]
- Dortch, Chris (2002). Blue Ribbon College Basketball Forecast. Potomac Books. p. 80. ISBN 9781574884319. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Vitale, Dick (October 4, 2002). "Best player in ACC history? David Thompson". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- "ACC 50th Anniversary Men's Basketball Team". ACC. September 26, 2002. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007.
- Johnson, Dave (September 27, 2002). "Making ACC list flatters Parkhill". Daily Press. pp. B1, B5. Retrieved October 4, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
Others articles of the Topic ACC : List of ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Finals broadcasters
Others articles of the Topic College basketball : 2018-19 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball season
This article "ACC 50th Anniversary men's basketball team" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:ACC 50th Anniversary men's basketball team. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.