A J M Enamul Islam
A J M Enamul Islam
A J M Enamul Islam, also known as Enamul Islam Babul (Bengali: ইনামুল ইসলাম বাবুল), is a Bangladeshi entrepreneur involved in trading and infrastructure consulting businesses. He is the chairman of Acorp Limited, a Bangladeshi private limited company with diversified business interests.. Islam is the secretary-general of the Commonwealth Society of Bangladesh, affiliated with the Royal Commonwealth Society, (2010-present).
Early Life[edit | edit source]
A J M Enamul Islam was born on October 15, 1950 in Munshiganj district of Dhaka Division, Bangladesh (then East Pakistan). He completed secondary and higher secondary level education from Munshiganj High School and Dhaka College, respectively. Islam obtained M.A. in Public Administration in 1972 and B.A. (Honours) in Political Science in 1970, from University of Dhaka.
Business Career[edit | edit source]
Islam started his forty-plus years business career as the director of Comimpex Limited, a commodity trading and indenting company, specializing in the import of raw-cotton, fertilizer and other agriculture inputs (1976-1996). He is the Managing Director of Enfa Enterprises, an agro-based commodity trading company. He is the Chairman of Acorp Limited, primarily an infrastructure, overseas HR and career consulting company also, having interests in the ready-made garment accessories sector (2016-present). He was the director of Pragati Insurance Limited, a second-generation Bangladeshi general insurance provider (1995-2008).
Affiliations[edit | edit source]
Islam is the secretary general of the Commonwealth Society of Bangladesh (CSB), an organization affiliated with the London-based Royal Commonwealth Society (RCS); (2010-present). He is the president of the management committee of Munshiganj Girls' High School.
He was the president of Bangladesh Oil Mills Association (1995,2006) and the chairman of the standing committee on Oil, Gas and Natural Resources in the Federations of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) from 1999-2001.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Welcome to Acorp Limited | ONLINE". www.acorpbd.com. ACORP. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Commonwealth Countries and all Branches - Asia | Royal Commonwealth Society". thercs.org. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "About | ACORP ONLINE". acorpbd.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "17th Annual Report" (PDF). Pragati Insurance Limited. 2002. p. 3. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Enam Chy, Enamul elected C'wealth Society president, secy general". The Daily Star. 14 July 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "মুন্সিগঞ্জের ৯৮৭ শিক্ষা প্রতিষ্ঠানে চারা বিতরণ". Prothom Alo (in Bengali). 14 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Promoting Rural Non–Farm Economy" (PDF). CPD Dialogue Report. 66: 26. 2004. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Restructuring the Energy Sector" (PDF). CPD Dialogue Report. 33: 18. 2001. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Shahed Reza new president of Dhaka Club". The Daily Star. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "A J M Enamul Islam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:A J M Enamul Islam. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.