Adina Apartment Hotels
Adina Apartment Hotels is an Australian-owned brand of hotels, and a subsidiary of TFE Hotels. The brand was established as part of the Toga Group's (now TFE Hotels) expansion into Europe, and was later applied to the company's hotels in Australia. As of 2018, 32 Adina Apartment Hotels are operational in Australia, Europe and New Zealand.
History[edit | edit source]
In 1998 the Toga Group opened the first Adina Apartment Hotel in Budapest. This was an expansion of their Australian operations, which comprised the Medina and Vibe chains. Adina was the first Australian-owned apartment hotel chain in Europe. The decision to expand into Europe was driven by an assessment by Toga Group's owners that while there was little scope to open further apartment hotels in Australia, the market for this kind of accommodation in Europe was immature.
In November 2005, Toga was seeking to establish a $A134 million fund to open further Adina hotels in Europe, and partly fund an expansion in Australia. At this time, Toga Group was to manage the hotels and own 25% of the units of the fund. An Adina hotel was also scheduled to open in Copenhagen in December 2005. By February 2009 the chain comprised three hotels in Budapest, Copenhagen and Berlin. A further four hotels were under construction: two in Berlin, and one each in Hamburg and Frankfurt.
In March 2014 the Toga Group changed its name to Toga Far East Hotels after establishing a joint venture with the Singaporean company Far East Hospitality. At this time there were seven Adina Hotels in Europe, and The Australian reported that the joint venture may provide funding for further expansion. The 'Adina' name was being applied to all of the company's apartment hotels worldwide, with the 'Medina' brand being used for serviced apartments.
As of March 2018, there were 20 Adina apartment hotels in Australia, 11 in Europe and one in New Zealand. Further Adina Apartment Hotels are planned, including the first to open in the United Kingdom. In 2017, TFE Hotels was also planning to establish a brand of luxury hotels to be called "Adina Grand".
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adina Apartment Hotels.|
- Apster, Damon (7 October 2016). "TFE Hotels to operate 16 new hotels in five years". HM. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Hughes, Anthony; Yvonne, Ball (17 November 2005). "Toga Group joins Europe frenzy". The Australian Financial Review – via Factiva.
- Turner, Brook (13 February 2009). "Dynasties". The Australian Financial Review. p. 32 – via Factiva.
- Allen, Lisa (14 March 2014). "Toga Hotels changes name to Toga Far East Hotels after $450m Singapore JV". The Australian. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "Adina Apartment Hotels". TFE Hotels. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Wright, Scott (11 November 2017). "Glasgow bid for first Adina hotel". heraldscotland. p. 22 – via Factiva.
- Johanson, Simon (10 June 2017). "Adina hotel to open in 16-storey timber building in Southbank". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
This article "Adina Apartment Hotels" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Adina Apartment Hotels. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.