Ahmad Aqil al-Khatib
Ahmad bin Aqil al-Khatib is the Chairman of Board of Directors for the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage. He occupied the post of President of the General Entertainment Authority in Saudi Arabia since the 30th of Rajab, 1437H corresponding to the 7th of May, 2016 until the 4th of Shawwal, 1439H corresponding to the 18th of June, 2018. Al-Khatib was the Minister of Health in Saudi Arabia for the period between the 9th of Rabi’ Thani, until the 22nd of Jumada al Thani ,1436 H. He also worked as Advisor at the Royal Court.
Al- Khatib was born in al-Riyadh, 1385. He graduated with a BA in Business Administration from King Saud University, and then he obtained a Diploma in Wealth Management from Dalhousie University in Canada.
In 1992, he joined the Bank of Riyadh and worked on the establishment of the Customer Investment Department. He worked for eleven years at different managements of Bank of Riyadh. He also joined SABB Bank in 2003 and participated in the establishment of the Islamic Banking (Amanah). Afterwards, he moved to Private Services as a General Manager. In 2006, he established Jadwa Investment Company and then he joined the Court of the Crown Prince as an Advisor, and he worked as Counsellor for the Minister of Defence and manager of the Ministry of Defence development project. Then he moved to work as Advisor at the Royal Court.
Education[edit | edit source]
BA in Business Administration from King Saud University
Diploma in Wealth Management from Dalhousie University in Canada
Current Positions[edit | edit source]
- The Chairman of Board of Directors for the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage
- The Chairman of Board of Directors for the Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI)
- Heads the committee of Quality of Life Program.
- The Chairman of Board of Directors for the Saudi Fund for Development
- Advisor to the Council of Ministers General Secretariat
- Advisor to His Excellency the Minister of Defense
Membership[edit | edit source]
- Secretary General and Member of the Board of Directors for Diriyah Gate Development Authority
- A board member at the General Authority for Military Industries
- A board member at the Council of Economic and Development Affairs
- A board member at the Public Investment Fund
- A board member at the National Development Fund
Previous Positions[edit | edit source]
- Chairman of Board of Directors for the Kingdom’s General Entertainment Authority (2015-2018)
- Minister of Health (2015)
- Established Jadwa Investment Company (2006)
- Advisor to Crown Prince at the Royal Court
- Establishment of the Islamic Banking (Amanah)- SABB Bank (2003)
- Establishment of the Customer Investment Department at Bank of Riyadh (1992)
- General Manager of Private Services at SABB Bank
References[edit | edit source]
- editor20 (2018-12-27). "أمر ملكي: تعيين أحمد بن عقيل الخطيب رئيساً لمجلس إدارة الهيئة العامة للسياحة والتراث الوطني". صحيفة المواطن الإلكترونية (in العربية). Retrieved 2019-02-10.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "تشكيل هيئة عامة لـ"الترفيه" في السعودية". سكاي نيوز عربية (in العربية). Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "السيرة الذاتية لوزير الصحة أحمد الخطيب". جريدة الرياض (in العربية). Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "Curriculum Vitae". scth.gov.sa. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
This article "Ahmad Aqil al-Khatib" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Ahmad Aqil al-Khatib/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.