|Origin||Peterborough, UK / Chicago, US|
|Labels||Buddha Boy Records|
|Members||Jake Daniels |
Airways are a 4 piece English-American alternative rock band from Peterborough via Chicago. The band consists of Jake (singer/guitarist), Alex (guitarist), Jamie (bassist) and Brian (drummer). Jake ran into Brian in Los Angeles by chance when spending some time there writing music, and when he found out he was a drummer Jake invited Brian to the UK to start a new band. Two months later Brian showed up at Jake's doorstep in Peterborough, UK. In addition, Jake's long-time homeland friend Alex joined as the guitarist and the Birmingham musician Jamie joined as the bassist.
History[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of 2016 the first single "Ghost Town" was created, a song about society changes and modern technology. Charlie Ashcroft played this song on his radio program which brought the boys a fixed bin in the channel's playlist. John Kennedy gave them airplay on Radio X and also some BBC introducing shows. With their follow-up track "One Foot", their notoriety continued to increase. That led to getting the attention of Nothing But Thieves guitarist Dom Craik and producer Julian Emery who produced their first EP called "Starting To Spin". In recent years, they have played British Festivals like Neighbourhood Festival, Reading and Leeds and Camden Rocks Festival and they have gone on tour in Europe and the US supporting bands like Nothing But Thieves, The Hunna and Sunset Sons. They supported The Hunna again in July 2018 alongside JUDAS before embarking for their first European headliner tour. On September 14th they released their new single called "Alien". The band then toured Europe and the UK again in the fall of 2018.
Discography[edit | edit source]
- Starting To Spin 5-song EP (2016), Buddha Boy Records
- Alien (2018)
- Ghost Town (2016)
References[edit | edit source]
- Naumann, Mandy. "Review: Airways’ Debut EP “Starting to Spin”
- Forrest, Alex. "Interview: Airways". Pi Media (2017).
- Mulhern, Rosie. "Live Review/Interview: Airways" The Flapper (2016).
- Premiere: Airways "Mate" Clash Music
- Airways Reading and Leeds Introducing Stage. BBC (2016).
- Airways Releases 'Mate'. Vents Magazine (2018)
- Watson, Gavin. "Airways - Ghost Town" (2016)
- Song Of The Week: Airways – One Foot. Indie Central Music.
- "Airways Interview" - The Bodega, Nottingham (2018)
- New Music: Airways ‘Alien’ - Yack Magazine (2018)
- Airways Release ‘Alien’ - Vents Magazine (2018)
- Airways Release Politically Conscious New Single “Alien” - Music Mayhem Magazine (2018)
- Airways new single ‘Alien’ - Rock 'N' Load (2018)
- Airways drop New Single ‘Alien’ – Talk With Rock ‘N’ Load - Rock 'N' Load (2018)
- Hawkes, Tom. "Tom interviews Airways ahead of their first Nottingham show" (2018)
- Gig Review: Airways - The Mousai (2018)
This article "Airways (Band)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Airways (Band). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.