Aishwarya Sridhar is a wildlife photographer, poet, wildlife presenter, documentary film-maker and the youngest girl to have won the Sanctuary Asia- Young Naturalist Award at a tender age of 15. She has been conducting Earth hour programs, Earth day programs, Wildlife weeks, Tree plantation drives, anti-plastic drives and nature trails in around 35-40 schools and inspired thousands of children to stop using plastic and also realize that a healthy ecosystem ensures our heathy survival. A passionate conservationist, she has penned more than 150 poems which have been widely published in leading national and international magazines like BBC, Sanctuary Asia, Guardian, Saevus and Pawstrail to name a few. Her images and articles too have been exhibited nationally and published widely.
Her short film Jewel of the Universe’’ has been showcased at over 40 schools to more than 80000 students in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai motivating them to plant almost 1,00, 000 saplings in their schools and neighborhood. Resilient and focused, she has a network of supporters and volunteers who also joined in the movement…for example: preventing the killing of snakes in her neighborhood and generating awareness on plastic pollution and need for safe disposal..
A wild life photographer
|Born||12th Jan 1996|
|Education||Dr. Pillai Global Academy|
|Alma mater||Pillai College of Arts, Science and Commerce|
|Occupation||Photographer, Explorer, Environmentalist, Writer, Poet,|
Recently she has made a documentary Panje-The Last Wetland, which showcased how development has resulted in gross habitat loss for migratory birds at Mumbai. Her film and photographs have helped bring a Bombay High Court Order stating the protection of wetlands including Panje on Nov 2nd 2018. She's currently working on a true story of a tigress from the forests of Central India.
PERSONAL LIFE-[edit | edit source]
Born in Mumbai, and being the only daughter to Mr. Sridhar Ranganathan and Ms. Rani Sridhar, her passion for the wild germinated from the various sojourns she made as a child across India. The sighting of her first tigress- Collarwali at Pench National Park, led her to pen her first poem To a Tiger with Love at a young age of 12. She recited it at the NDTV Save Our Tiger Campaign in the year 2010. Subsequently, in the year 2012, her poem An Exercise In Futility, based on a true tiger poaching incident in Maharashtra went on to create waves at the NDTV-Aircel Save Our Tiger Campaign 2012.
EDUCATION-[edit | edit source]
A young girl, she has also proven that it is possible to speak out and fight for the environment without sacrificing education. She became a World Topper in Business Studies in her AS Levels followed by gaining a National Topper rank in her A Levels. Later on, she went to top her BMM course from Mumbai University in 2017.
AWARDS-[edit | edit source]
- Sanctuary Asia Young Naturalist Award 2011 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_Asia
- Rotary Vocational Excellence Award 2013- for her efforts in tree planting and spreading the message of conservation of our wildlife and our vanishing habitats across Navi Mumbai Schools.
- Panvel Gaurav Puraskar 2014 for outstanding work in spreading awareness regarding tiger conservation International Camera Fair Award 2016
- Young Digital Camera Photographer of the Year 2018- Category Winner Best Photograph at 2nd Wular Lake International Short Film Festival 2018 in Photography Section
- Official Selection of Panje-The Last Wetland at Dainik Jagran's 9th Jagran Film Festival 2018. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagran_Film_Festival
REFERENCES-[edit | edit source]
- https://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-pillai-s-aishwarya-sridhar-excels-in-cambridge-international-exams-1898162 https://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai-diary-wednesday-dossier-august292018/19750199
- http://www.saevus.in/author/ranisrdhr/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGMBjq3mpQ&t=14s
This article "Aishwarya Sridhar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aishwarya Sridhar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.