Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for P160 Johor Bahru
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Shahrir Abdul Samad|
|Ketua Angkatan Muda People's Justice Party|
|Assumed office |
16 November 2018
|Preceded by||Nik Nazmi|
Akmal Nasrullah bin Mohd Nasir
16 September 1986
|Political party||Pakatan Harapan |
People's Justice Party
|Education||Bachelor of Actuarial Science and Economy (Double Major)|
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States|
|Occupation||Member of Parliament for Johor Bahru|
Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir is a Malaysian politician. In the 2018 Malaysian general election, he contested in Johor Bahru parliamentary seat under the ticket of Pakatan Harapan and won in two corners fight against Shahrir Abdul Samad from Barisan Nasional. He is better known as Akmal Nasir and currently the Member of Parliament for Johor Bahru.
Post general election 2018, he had contested in People's Justice Party party election 2018 for Chief of Keadilan Youth Wing. In the selection, he had secured a minor victory against his opponents, whereby one of them is the former Deputy of the Keadilan Youth Wing, Dr Afif Bahardin..
Before he became a Member of Parliament, he was the founder and director of an NGO called National Oversight and Whistleblowers Centre (NOW) together with Rafizi Ramli. NOW Malaysia is the NGO that was responsible in exposing national financial scandals during the reign of former Prime Minister, Dato' Seri Najib Razak. Some of them include alleged corruption in National Feedlot Corporation (NFC), that involved Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, and alleged misuse of funds of Malaysian Islamic Economy Development Foundation (YaPEIM)
References[edit | edit source]
- Suhaini, Amanina. "PKR sapu bersih Johor Bahru". BH Online. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Profile Ahli Dewan". Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Ibrahim, Nadirah. "Jeers as Rafizi's protege Akmal Nasir announced as new PKR Youth chief". Malay Mail. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Fazaniza, Elly. "Johor Baru MP Akmal Nasir is the new PKR Youth Chief". The Sun Daily. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Boey, K.C. "Akmal Nasir and the handshake that changed his life". The Malay Mail. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "National Oversight and Whistleblowers Centre (NOW)".
- Chi, Melissa. "Anti-graft director readies for courtroom brawl with Islamic affairs minister". Malay Mail. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Grudgings, Stuart. "Cows and condos scandal highlights Malaysia's faded reforms". Reuters. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "PKR's Rafizi Ramli arrested for exposing NFC banking details". The Malaysian Times. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Shahrudin, Shamira. "NGO lodges report against alleged misuse of YaPEIM funds". New Straits Times. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
This article "Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.