|An experienced editor has reviewed this draft and after conducting a thorough search across all available reliable sources has determined the subject to not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies.
It may be emphasized that this is not a reflection on the current state of the draft but rather on the viability of the subject, as an encyclopedic topic.
Further editorial efforts are expected to be unproductive.
If you believe the tagging to be in error, you can approach for a second opinion at the Tea-house.
06 October 1989
|Occupation||File maker, Bharatanatyam dancer, choreographer, script writer|
Akshara Bharadwaj (born 06 October 1989, in Bengaluru) is a bharatanatyam danseuse, film maker, theatre artist, faculty & choreographer. Akshara also explored the dance-forms of Odissi, Kathak, Salsa and Freestyle and wishes to teach dance to differently-abled children. Apart from her "Diploma in Advanced Bharatanatya" at the Structural School of Fine Arts, Vijayanagara, Bengalure under the discipleship of Vid.Yogita Kulkarni, she crowns a Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in Film making at New York Film Academy, USA. She is also a Master's degree holder in Bharatanatyam from Tamil University.
Career[edit | edit source]
Classical dance career[edit | edit source]
Akshara started her classical dance career as a child artist at the age of 14. She is an accomplished Bharata Natyam dancer. She has also been trained in Carnatic Classical vocal music for a decade under Gurus, Vid. Ramamurthy, Late Vid. Geetha Rao and Vid. Nagaveni. She directed and choreographed the program ‘Chiguru’, organised by the Department of Kannada and culture at an early age of 14. She is the bharatanatyam faculty in Structural School of Fine Arts, Vijayanagara, Bengaluru. She conducts classes over 100+ students, choreographs for solo & group shows, and plays the roles of theatre instructor, actor, director & stage manager. She is also a visiting faculty in PES University, Bengaluru, teaching Visual Arts Elective for Bachelors in Design & Bachelors in Architecture.
Film career[edit | edit source]
Apart from being a professional Bharatanatyam Dancer and a Theatre Actor, Akshara is also a filmmaker with focus on Writing & Direction. She dextrously worked on film sets by writing and directing over 15 short films and taking on different crew positions in 30 other other short films; on and off stage in theatre productions. Akshara recently presented a paper about Cinematic storytelling Techniques for Dhaatu International Puppet Festival, Bengaluru in on 31st December 2017.
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Born to Mrs. Jaya & Dr. Ranganath Bharadwaj, who is an economist by profession and an actor, dramaturge, playwright and musicologist by passion, and brought up in Vijayaranga, Bangaluru, the stage, lights and make- up were never new to Akshara. With exposure to all varieties of fine arts and performing arts under one roof at 'The Structural School of Fine Arts’, she became a part of the artistic world, both by chance and by choice.
She did her Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Journalism, English Literature in Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
Awards & Recognition[edit | edit source]
Akshara was awarded the National Award for Vocational Excellence by the International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms, by veteran filmmaker Sri. T.N Seetharam, Actor Bhavani Prakash; in the presence of former Chief Minister Sri. Sadananda Gowda.
Notable Solo Performances[edit | edit source]
- 'Kaathiruthal', Udalveli, Coimbatore- 2017
- International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms, Bangalore 2017.
- Natya Tantra. Sri Sankara Channel. 2017.
- Shantala Nrutya Vaibhava. 2016.
- Ladies Club, Star Suvarna Channel, 2016.
- Nrutya Nirantara. 2016, Sadhana Sangama
- Entharomahanubhavulu, Vijayaranga, Bangalore. 2014
- Immigrant's Day organised by the New Yorks Mayor's Office of Immigrant's Affairs. New York. 2012
- Vasantotsava by Brindavana Kannada Koota, with performances also by Pt. Pravin Godhkindi, Guru. Sanchita Bhattacharya and others. New Jersey. 2012
- Bharatanatya Rangapravesha. Bangalore. 2011
- KAGG's Sankranti Festival. Greenville, SC. 2011
- Indian Econometric Society Conference Valedictory, University of Jammu, J&K. 2010
- Indian Institute of Plantation Managament, Bangalore. 2010
Festivals & Performances[edit | edit source]
- 'Yuva Dasara', Mysore
- Kittur Utsava
- Alva's Nudisiri Festival, Moodbidri
- Dharmasthala's 'Lakshadeepotsava'
- Sri Siddaganga Mutt, Tumkur
- Karavali Utsava, Mangalore
- Nāvika's 'Amerikannadotsava'
- ISKCON Heritage fest
- NIE Fests - The Hindu, Deccan Herald, Times of India
- Vijnana Vaijayanti (multiple performances)
- Performances of Zee Kannada & Udaya
- Raghavendraswamy Aradhana Mahotsava, RaghavendraMutt Trust, RR Nagar (2015, 16 & 17)
Notable Choreographies[edit | edit source]
- Gajendra Moksha (Dance Ballet) 2014
- Bharatanatya Margam. 2013
- 'Krishna' Dance Drama. 2012
- Folk Dance for 'Kannada Association of Greater Greenville', SC, USA. 2011
- 'Vrukodara Vruttanta' (Dance routines for an Experimental Kannada Play) 2008-09
- Contemporary Dance for students of Manipal University, Bangalore 2008
- Bharatanatya Repertoire, Bal Bhavan. 2008
- MES Kalavedi- Poet, Sri. G S Shivadruppa's compositions for his felicitation ceremony on receiving the 'Rashtrakavi' title, MES College, Malleshwara, Bangalore. 2007
- Bharatanatya and Contemporary Dance Repertoire for 'Cypress Semiconductors', Bangalore. 2006
- Direction and Choreography for full length show Chiguru- organised by the Kannada & Culture Department at age 14. 2005
Dance Ballets[edit | edit source]
- Jai Jaganmaate, 2014 (Ms. Shantala, Shivaleela Natyalaya)
- 'Gajendra Moksha' 2014 (Akshara Bharadwaj, SSFA)
- 'Krishna' 2012 (Akshara Bharadwaj- Soukhya Ajith, SSFA)
- Kalidasa's Meghadootam. 2011 (Vid. Yogita Kulkarni, SSFA)
- Shiva Shakti. 2010 (Vid. Yogita Kulkarni, SSFA)
- Dashavatara. 2009 (Vid. Yogita Kulkarni, SSFA)
- Parivarthan. 2008 (Indian Dance Association, Mount Carmel College)
- Hari Hara Milana 2006 (Vid. Shubha Dhananjay, Natyantaranga)
Writing & Direction[edit | edit source]
- Pichchar, Colors Kannada, Viacom 18 (2017) Associate Director, HDFC Digital shorts (April 2017)
- Writer-Director – Education Bioscope Project Ashwini Studios, Ramprasad (Oct 2016 – Present)
- Magic Lantern (2014-15, Bangalore, India)
- Assistant Director - Feature & Documentary Films Productions AMPM TV CORP, Sukhwant Dhadda (2013, CA- USA)
- 1st Assistant Camera - Frontera- Spanish Feature Film Ella Film Productions (2013, CA- USA)
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Akshara on IMDb
This article "Akshara Bharadwaj" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Akshara Bharadwaj/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.