Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Sign in to improve or create : an article, a company page or a bio (yours ?)...
Al Carlisle PhD (Alma Lindsay Carlisle, born 11 February 1937) is an American psychologist and author. The majority of Al Carlisle's career has been as a psychologist at the Utah State Prison from which he retired as the head of the Psychology Department in 1989. Al Carlisle performed the first psychological assessment of Ted Bundy in 1976, before it was learned that Ted Bundy was violent.  
Al Carlisle has done extensive research on serial killers and has interviewed the Hi-Fi killers, Arthur Gary Bishop, Westley Allan Dodd, Keith Jesperson, Ted Bundy and many others. Specialties include Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder). Al Carlisle was also a consultant for the Salt Lake Rape Crisis Center for several years and currently conducts workshops on serial homicide and other crime topics. Al Carlisle was born and raised in Utah and received a BS and MS from Utah State University and his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Brigham Young University.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Violent Mind: The 1976 Psychological Assessment of Ted Bundy (2017), Genius Book Publishing, ISBN 978-0-9982973-7-8
- I'm Not Guilty: The Case of Ted Bundy (The Development of the Violent Mind) (Volume 1) (2016). Genius Book Publishing, ISBN 978-0990857563
- Broken Samurai: A Combat Marine's Odyssey into the Depths of PTSD (2016). Genius Book Publishing, ISBN 978-0990857556
- The Mind of the Devil: The Cases of Arthur Gary Bishop and Westley Allan Dodd (The Development of the Violent Mind) (Volume 2) (2015). Genius Book Publishing, ISBN 978-0990456674
Articles and papers[edit | edit source]
- The Divided Self: Toward an Understanding of the Dark side of the Serial Killer, American Journal of Criminal Justice, Vol.XVII, No. 2 1993
- Dissociation and Violent Criminal Behavior Volume: Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice 7 issue: 4, page(s): 273-285 Issue published: December 1, 1991
- Rorschach Simulation of Mental Illness and Normality by Psychotic and Nonpsychotic Legal Offenders David T. Seamons, Robert J. Howell, A.L. Carlisle & Allan V. Roe Pages 130-135 | Published online: 10 Jun 2010
- The effects of anxiety and conformity on the structured‐objective rorschach test (sort) Philip Langer Alma L. Carlisle William G. Hayes First published: July 1963
- The effect of hypnotically induced and nonhypnotic mood changes on the rorschach test Robert J. Howell &A. Lindsay Carlisle Pages 28-36 | Received 19 Jan 1970, Published online: 31 Jan 2008
- Comparison of filmed violence and anger as measured by changes in affective states. Carlisle AL, Howell RJ Europe Pubmed Psychological Reports [01 Jun 1974, 34(3):1259-1266
Further Reading[edit | edit source]
- Contemporary perspectives on serial murder- Book by Ronald M. Holmes, Stephen T. Holmes, editors. 1998, English, Book edition:
- The Mind of a Murderer: Privileged Access to the Demons that Drive Extreme Violence - Book by Dr. Katherine Ramsland
- The Forensic Psychology of Criminal Minds by Dr. Katherine Ramsland
- Deadly Dreams: What Motivates School Shootings? Scientific American by Frank J.Robertz on Aug 1, 2007
- Killer told Provo Psychologist that he had a pact with Satan-Associated Press, Published: Feb. 12, 1993
- The Psychologist and the Serial Killer - A prison psychologist provides his full assessment of Ted Bundy. Oct 23, 2017 Katherine Ramsland Ph.D.
- Talking to Killers -Former prison psychologist dissects interviews with two child serial killers. May 05, 2016 Katherine Ramsland Ph.D. http
- Imagining Ted Bundy - A psychologist ponders what Ted might have said Aug 24, 2012 Katherine Ramsland Ph.D.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Imagining Ted Bundy". Psychology Today.
- "Genius Book Publishing - True Crime. Delivered". geniusbookpublishing.com.
- "Partners in Crime". Psychology Today.
- Violent Mind: The 1976 Psychological Assessment of Ted Bundy. Genius Book Publishing. 21 September 2017. ASIN 0998297372.
- Carlisle, Dr Al (15 May 2016). I'm Not Guilty: The Case of Ted Bundy. Genius Book Publishing. ASIN 0990857565.
- Broken Samurai: A Combat Marine's Odyssey into the Depths of PTSD. Genius Book Publishing. 15 April 2016. ASIN 0990857557.
- "The Mind of The Devil: The Cases of Arthur Gary Bishop and Westley Allan Dodd". www.GeniusBookPublishing.com. 4 September 2015 – via Amazon.
- "The Divided Self". psycnet.apa.org.
- Carlisle, A.L (2016). "Dissociation and Violent Criminal Behavior". Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice. 7 (4): 273–285. doi:10.1177/104398629100700407.
- Seamons, David T; Howell, Robert J; Carlisle, A.L; Roe, Allan V (2010). "Rorschach Simulation of Mental Illness and Normality by Psychotic and Nonpsychotic Legal Offenders". Journal of Personality Assessment. 45 (2): 130–135. doi:10.1207/s15327752jpa4502_5. PMID 7218134.
- Langer, Philip; Carlisle, Alma L; Hayes, William G (1963). "The effects of anxiety and conformity on the structured-objective rorschach test (sort)". Journal of Clinical Psychology. 19 (3): 317–319. doi:10.1002/1097-4679(196307)19:3<317::AID-JCLP2270190320>3.0.CO;2-Q.
- Howell, Robert J; Carlisle, A. Lindsay (2008). "The effect of hypnotically induced and nonhypnotic mood changes on the rorschach test". International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis. 19 (1): 28–36. doi:10.1080/00207147108407149. PMID 5100852.
- Carlisle, AL; Howell, RJ (1974). "Comparison of filmed violence and anger as measured by changes in affective states". Psychological Reports. 34 (3): 1259–66. PMID 4417852.
- Holmes, Ronald M.; Holmes, Stephen T., eds. (24 March 1998). Contemporary Perspectives on Serial Murder. SAGE Publications, Inc. ASIN 0761914218.
- The Mind of a Murderer: Privileged Access to the Demons That Drive Extreme Violence. Praeger. 2 February 2011. ASIN 0313386722.
- The Forensic Psychology of Criminal Minds. Berkley. 2 February 2010. ASIN 0425232263.
- Robertz, Frank J. (1 August 2007). "Deadly Dreams". Scientific American Mind. 18 (4): 52–59. doi:10.1038/scientificamericanmind0807-52.
- "KILLER TOLD PROVO PSYCHOLOGIST THAT HE HAD A PACT WITH SATAN". deseretnews.com. 12 February 1993.
- "The Psychologist and the Serial Killer". Psychology Today.
- "Talking to Killers". Psychology Today.
This article "Al Carlisle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Al Carlisle/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.