Alexandros Giovanos[edit | edit source]
Alexandros Giovanos, born in Athens, Greece, (date of birth 1982, age 36) began his musical journey at the age of 5. His first contact with music occurred not with percussion rather with piano, tutored by Kalliopi Germanou, in the Athens Conservatory, where he also started studying percussion one year later, tutored by Dimitrios Marinakis. Graduating with Honours in 2004, he continued his studies in the Athenaeum "Maria Kallas" Conservatory, tutored by Dimitrios Desyllas.. After winning the Scholarship of the "Alexandros S. Onassis" Foundation, he continued his studies in Hanns Eisler music School in Berlin, where he had the chance to be under the artistic guidance of international conductor and solo-percussionist Biao Li, the solo timpanist and the percussionist Berliner Philharmoniker, Reiner Seegers and Frantz Schildelbeck. In 2012 Alexandros completed his studies, gaining his Masters Degree in Music.
Alexandros Giovanos has also been taught by many acclaimed Percussion- Soloists. For example, Peter Sadlo, Katarzyna Mycka, Markus Leoson, Isao Nakamura, Mark Ford and Ney Rosauro.
Musical Activity[edit | edit source]
Alexandros has performed with famous conductors such as Sir Simon Rattle, Vladimir Jurowsky, Craig Leon, Max Renne, as a guest- percussionist of the Karajan Akademie of the Berliner Philharmoniker, Staatskapelle Berlin, Berliner Symphoniker, Neubrandenburg Philharmonie, Berliner Kamerata, Kammerakademie Potsdam, Echo Ensemble for New Music, and has also collaborated with the Athens State Orchestra, Athens Kamerata, Radio Symphony Orchestra of Greece, the Orchestra of Colors, Thessaloniki State Orchestra and Symphony Orchestra of Cyprus).
He has taken part in many modern music festivals like the Intonations-Jerusalem International, Infektion!-Staatsoper Berlin, Ultraschall, Berlin Atonal, Klangwerkstatt, Unerhörte Musik, Berlin-Art-Week, Kontakte, Pulse: Musik Aussen, Klang-Zeit-Ort, Intersonanzen, Ankuft: Neue Musik, Randfestspiele, Neue Szenen, the Athens & Epidavrus Festival, Israel Festival, Kalamata Festival, Delfi Festival, Athens Megaron, Thessaloniki Megaron, Onassis Cultural Center, Saronic Chamber Music Festival, I.P.E.W. - Croatia, Musiche in Mostra - Torino/ Italy and others.
The summer of 2018 he debuted as a soloist in the Staatsoper- Unter den Linden in Berlin, with a Iannis Xenakis solo and duo program, alongside his colleagues pianist Ermis Theodorakis and singer Martin Gerke.
He has also recorded with the "United Berlin Ensemble", K.N.M.Berlin and others.
Except being a concert musician, he is also a music teacher. He has been repetitively invited to teach at the International Summer Academy of Corfu,
the Cyprus International Percussion Academy, as well as at the Waldorf School - Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin, where he still teaches.
Recent Projects[edit | edit source]
- 12 July 2018- Debut at the Staatsoper Berlin- Unter den Linden/ Neue Werkstaat. Solo- Percussion pieces by Iannis Xenakis.
- 06 - 21 November 2018- Deutsche Oper Berlin. New music Theater - Nacht bis Acht, composed by Francois Sahran.
- 16 December 2018- Duo-Concert at the Camaro Stiftung in collaboration with the Museum for Contemporary Art in Berlin, along with the pianist Katarzyna Wasiak.
YouTube channel and Social Media[edit | edit source]
Alexandros Giovanos YouTube channel exists from Feb 20, 2013 and has over 6,000 views.
Although being inactive for a while, Alexandros Giovanos returns in the YouTube scene with his official Staatsoper debut videos and claims the audience's attention.
Alexandros Giovanos has created his own artistic Webpage, where he presents information about his career and projects.
He also has a very active personal Facebook Page, as well as his very own Instagram and LinkedIn.
Yogatone+[edit | edit source]
Alexandros Giovanos is also known as the co-creator of the original Wellness Program Yogatone+, along with his partner and concert pianist Konstantinos Athanasakos
Yogatone+ started in 2017 as an Idea that combines different forms of artistry and yoga in order to achieve the ultimate practice of consciousness and relaxation.
Yogatone+ is an ongoing project, constantly changing, with the hopes of achieving great prosperity in the future.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Dimitris Desyllas - Gabriel Drums". www.gabrieldrums.com. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Scholarships Onassis". www.onassis.org. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Ermis Theodorakis". www.ermis-theodorakis.com. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Martin Gerke | Staatsoper Berlin". www.staatsoper-berlin.de. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Operalab". www.opera-lab-berlin.com. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Leondari Ensemble". Saronic Chamber Music Festival. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Staatsoper Berlin".
- "Deutsche Oper Berlin". www.deutscheoperberlin.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Nacht bis Acht - Spielplan - Deutsche Oper Berlin". www.deutscheoperberlin.de. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Alexander und Renata Camaro Stiftung". Alexander und Renata Camaro Stiftung (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Konstantinos Athanasakos – Artist, author, speaker". konstantinosathanasakos.com. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Alexandros Giovanos Official Webpage https://www.alexandrosgiovanos.com/
Alexandros Giovanos YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTQ5wtKrbr27QrNTomVs89Q/featured
Alexandros Giovanos[edit | edit source]
This article "Alexandros Giovanos" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexandros Giovanos. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.