Alhaji Tijani Massa
Alhaji Tijani Massa, is a religious and political leader in Saki, an ancient town in Oyo State. According to reports, Alhaji Tijani Massa popularly known as Baba Massa is one of the oldest living people in Saki, Oyo State.
Background[edit | edit source]
According to reports, the exact date of birth of Alhaji Tijani Massa is not known. His father's name is Alufa Ashiru and his mother, Kosenat Ashiru . He is from Ile Eebo Arogunde, Imale Falaafia known as Isale Abudu, Saki. He was reported to have said that he did not grow up to know his father and till his death, he never got to see him.
Alhaji Tijani massa did not receive any Western education rather he went to a Madrasah owned by Alufa Lawal Agbongbo, Saki. Afterwards, he went to study under Alufa Aminu yesade at Isale Taba, Saki. He furthered his Islamic education under Alufa Saki, Oke Eeru, Olorisaoko and Alufa Raaji, Abaa Sanusi, Idi- Ayunre, both at Ibadan respectively. After many years, he went back to Saki to learn how to weaving. He took up this profession till he traveled to Ghana and Togo for business. In 1940, he returned back to Saki to acquire more knowledge under Khalifat Hajj Nafiu Olayiwola, Isale Abudu, Saki.
He got married in 1940 and subsequently married three more wives, all late. He also went for adult education, thus, he cold read and write in the yoruba language in 1952.
Alhaji Tijani Massa and Saki Town[edit | edit source]
Alhaji Tijani is reputed to have been an important part of Saki's story.
- He laid the foundation of Baptist Primary School, Saki
- Donated three pieces of land for the school project during Obafemi Awolowo's reign.
- Established An-sar-ud-deen in Saki, 1964
- Part of the founding members of An-sar-ud-deen high School, Saki
- Founding Member, Muslim Hospital, Saki.(1987)
- Founding Member, Naiwar-ud-deen Primary School
He was the chairman, coalition of Saki for people of Saki (Saki Parapo fun gbogbo omo Saki) in 1969-1983. Within these 14 years, he actively participated in;
- Building community Town Hall, Saki
- The Post Office Project
- Saki Parapo Grammar School, Saki
Titles[edit | edit source]
- Jagunmolu Adini Ile Yoruba (Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun, 28/1/1989)
- Aare Musulumi of Igbojaye, Oyo State (19/12/119)
- Atun Aye se Adinni of Igboho, Oyo State (10/12/1996)
Children and grandchildren[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Itan soki nipa Baba wa oloye Jagunmolu Adini ti Ile Yoruba - Alhaji Tijani Mossa - Page 1
This article "Alhaji Tijani Massa" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alhaji Tijani Massa. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.