Alice W. Hunt
Alice W. Hunt (born 1959) and raised by her parents who were Southern Baptist missionaries. She spent her early childhood in Taiwan before she returned to the United States of America at 14 to finish high school and attend college at the University of Montevallo. She was married and had two sons. She and her husband were divorced in 2001.
Education[edit | edit source]
Alice W. Hunt received her Bachelor’s degree of science in mathematics and education from the University of Montevallo in 1978. She then earned her MTS, M.A. and Ph. D. in religion at Vanderbilt University. She also was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Elmhurst College.
Career[edit | edit source]
Alice W. Hunt was ordained at the Fifteenth Avenue Baptist Church of Nashville, and she received dual standing ordination with the United Church of Christ. Hunt worked as the associate dean for academic affairs at Vanderbilt University before she was elected as the 12th President of the Chicago Theological Seminary in 2008 (a school that trains Protestant clergy). During her time there, she also taught as an Associate Professor of Biblical Hermeneutics and Religious Leadership. Dr. Rev. Hunt also published a book 2009 and has written many journal articles. In 2018 Hunt was named an executive director of the American Academy of Religion (AAR). Hunt has held leadership roles in the Chief Academic Officers Society, the Association of Theological Schools, and the Society of Biblical Literature. She has also been previously involved in the AAR where she was on the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, the Audit Committee, the Strategic Planning Task Force, and as the Chair of the Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession.
Selected writings[edit | edit source]
- Missing Priests: The Zadokites in Tradition and History, New York/London, 2009, T.& T. Clark.
References[edit | edit source]
- Brachear, Manya A. "Incoming Chicago Theological Seminary president hoping to tackle tough issues". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Distinguished Alumnus Award - Alice W. Hunt - The University of Montevallo". The University of Montevallo. 2016-03-02. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Alice Hunt | HuffPost". www.huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- "American Academy of Religion Names Alice Hunt as Executive Director | aarweb.org". www.aarweb.org. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
This article "Alice W. Hunt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Alice W. Hunt/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.