Alice Wairimu Nderitu
Alice Wairimu Nderitu is a Kenyan armed conflict analyst, educator and mediator. She is a Senior advisor and mediator at the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue. She is a member of the Kenya National Committee on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity and all Forms of Discrimination. She has served as a Commissioner of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the dissolution of The Makueni County Government in Kenya as well as a Commissioner of the National Cohesion and Integration Commission in Kenya. She was one of the three mediators and the only woman in the room in the 16-month peace process that resulted in the Nakuru County Peace Accord signed by 100 male elders representing 10 ethnic communities in Kenya.. The agreement addressed sources of ethnic conflict and a history of violence in the rift valley region of Kenya.
She is one of the founders and the first co-chair of Uwiano Platform for Peace, a conflict prevention agency that uses mobile technology to encourage citizens to report indicators of violence. The platform is widely credited for ensuring peace during the Kenyan general election, 2013.
She currently works in Nigeria where she has been the lead mediator in processes that resulted in peace agreements that include the Kafanchan Peace Declaration  signed by 29 ethnic communities in Kaduna State  and the Southern Plateau Peace Declaration signed by 56 ethnic communities in the Southern Plateau.
She is a board Member of Life and Peace Institute(Sweden) and Act,Change,Transform(ACT!).
Awards, Fellowships and Nominations
- Transitional Justice Fellow of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation South Africa .
- 2014, Raphael Lemkin Fellow of the Auschwitz Institute on the Prevention of Genocide.
- 2017, nominee for the Global Pluralism award .
- 2012, Woman Peace Maker Of the Year by the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, University of San Diego, USA.
- Mukami Kimathi – Mau Mau Freedom Fighter – Wairimu Nderitu      
- Minding the Gap, African Conflict Management in a time of Change, 2016 Book Chapter- Alice Wairimu Nderitu.
- Beyond Ethnicism and Racism, Exploring Ethnic and Racial Diversity for Educators. A manual published by Mdahalo Bridging Divides, 2015 approved for use as Curriculum support material in Kenyan Educational Institutions.
- The authorized biography of Catherine Ndereba, the marathon champion. Published by Story Moja, 2016. Wairimu Nderitu.
- Getting to the point of Inclusion: Seven myths standing in the way of women waging peace, 2013 Official Background Paper for the 2013 Oslo Forum, a gathering of the world’s top mediators, high-level decision makers, and key peace process actors. The Oslo Forum is co-hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue.
- From the Nakuru County Peace Accord (2010-2012) to Lasting Peace, 2013, Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Bringing up the Child: Local Conflict Prevention Mechanisms in Kenya, 2013, Building Peace: A Forum for Peace and Security in the 21st Century, Alliance for Peace building, Washington DC, USA.
- Taming the Demon of Kenya’s election violence, Institute for Justice and Reconciliation Policy Brief No.4, December 2011.
- Conflict transformation and human rights, a mutual stalemate? Berghof Handbook Dialogue No 9 – 2010, Germany.
- Report of Study visit on human rights education to the South African Human Rights Commission, supported by the British Councils Commonwealth National Human Rights Commissions Project.
- Book chapter, Human Rights in the Middle East & North Africa, A guide for NGOs. Translated to Arabic. Networklearning.org. 2nd edition April 2011. First published 2009.
- Support for Penal Reform-Kenya, EAJHRD, Vol.2, NO.2, 2004, copyright at EAHRI.
- Creating self-reliant mediation mechanisms to managing conflicts, interethnic and racial tensions in Kenya.
- Some words about Bantu’s work in the Prisons, 2009, Alice Nderitu.
- Human Rights Curriculum for public officers in Kenya www.knchr.or.ke
- (Re)membering Kenya: Identity, culture and freedom ,Alice Nderitu.
- Peeling the Kenyan Conflict Onion and Some Words about Bantu’s work in the Prisons.
- We have little choice but to penalise hatespeech
- Peaceful Polls to Depend on Operationalisation
- Referendum is not just the content
This article "Alice Wairimu Nderitu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alice Wairimu Nderitu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Nation Media Group. "Mukami Kimathi's story lends voice to women freedom fighters". Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Kimathi book is a tale of pure determination". Nation Media Group.
- When. "Leading mediation teams in Africa's ethnic conflict hotspots". When. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue. "From the Nakuru County peace accord (2010-2012) to lasting peace" (PDF). From the Nakuru County peace accord (2010-2012) to lasting peace.
- Auschwitz Institute for Peace and Reconciliation (2015). National Mechanisms for the Prevention of Genocide and other Atrocity Crimes: Effective and Sustainable Prevention Begins at Home (PDF) (2015 ed.). p. 6.
- Business Daily Africa (2015). "Uhuru names Commission of Inquiry for Makueni county row". Business Daily Africa. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Capital FM. "Uhuru names team to probe Makueni dissolution". Capital News. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Center For Human Dialogue. "Southern Plateau Peace Declaration". Center For Human Dialogue. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Center For Humanitarian Dialogue (2016). THE KAFANCHAN PEACE DECLARATION (PDF). Nigeria. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Inclusive Security. "Alice Nderitu". Inclusive Security.
- Institute For Justice and Reconciliation. Connecting TRCs to global trends: Implications for policy and practice (PDF). Institute For Justice and Reconciliation. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Global Center for Pluralism. "2017 Global Pluralism Award Finalists". Global Center for Pluralism. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Auschwitz Institute of Peace and Reconciliation. "Profiles in Prevention: Alice Nderitu". Auschwitz Institute of Peace and Reconciliation. Auschwitz Institute of Peace and Reconciliation. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Berghof foundation. "Our Authors". Berghof foundation. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Middle East Program". Wilson Center. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Daraja. "Daraja Student Peace Makers". Daraja. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "9 Women Forging a More Peaceful World". Inclusive Security. Inclusive Security. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Conversation With A PeaceMaker: Alice Nderitu Of Kenya". KPBS. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "NCIC-Commissioner Alice Nderitu named woman peacemaker of the year". The Star. The Star. 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Kibaki names national cohesion team". The Nation Media Group. The Nation Media Group. Retrieved 31 July 2017.