Alpha Token[edit | edit source]
|Original author(s)||Dr. Wallace Lynch|
|White paper||Alpha Token Whitepaper|
|Initial release||March 2018|
Alpha Token (ATK) is a universal cryptocurrency for all forms of digital content.. It is a decentralized blockchain token for all forms of digital content. It is designed to be a general equivalent for all forms of digitized content including: text, graphics, audio, video, and metadata. Alpha Token enables peer to peer transactions between users and creators.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Alpha Token is the name for the currency as defined in their whitepaper that was first published in August of 2017. Alpha Token is the pillar of the Alpha ecosystem, and extends the Alpha name to the product line of Alpha Browser, Alpha Wallet, Alpha Publisher, and the underlying economic principal of Alpha Law.
History[edit | edit source]
Alpha Token was first conceptualized by Dr. Wallace Lynch at the end of 2016.
Dr. Lynch, originally from China, obtained his Ph.D. from Columbia University in New York City in Labor Economics. Deriving from his doctoral research, Dr Lynch wrote Family Socioeconomic Status, College Education and Earning in China: How Family Background Impacts your Future Income
It was his work on this book that initially sparked the idea behind Alpha Token. He discovered that there was a significant amount of human capital evaporating from the global economy. Conceptually, Alpha Token would capture this evaporated value, make it quantifiable, and tradeable.
To resolve this value evaporation problem, Dr. Lynch built the Alpha Ecosystem on the principal of Alpha Law. The Alpha Law states that, "A blockchain currency entity issuing an ICO can avoid profiteering and derive profitability from the value appreciation of the token, allowing the entity to focus entirely on the user experience".
As seen on The Washington Post, in the article Reinventing the Internet via blockchain, Dr. Wallace Lynch is creating platforms "designed specifically with digital rights in mind". In the Wired Article Tech-Lash galore he adds "Our opinions, our thoughts and our behaviors are valuable. We need to recapture that value by recapturing our data"
Blockchain[edit | edit source]
Alpha Token is using blockchain technology to change the rules of the internet as featured in the Washington Post piece, Reinventing the Internet via blockchain.
Relationship To Ethereum[edit | edit source]
Through the use of side-chain technology, Alpha Token's ATK platform has extended the functionality of Ethereum and achieved the verification of statistics of user behavior in the side chain, as well as the transfer of assets. Side-chain also supports smart contracts and uses Alpha Tokens as the trading currency within the Alpha ecosystem.
Platforms[edit | edit source]
Alpha Token currents works within three compnentents that they are the utility token for.
Alpha Publisher[edit | edit source]
The Alpha Publisher allows for content creators to publish their works into the Alpha Browser system. These works are primarily videos or articles. The publisher itself allows for the content creator to set their content as either free or Premium content.
Alpha Browser[edit | edit source]
The Alpha Browser is the means by which users access all of the content within the Alpha Token ecosystem. The browser clearly identifies, for the user, which content they are paid to view, and which content requires spending Alpha Tokens.
The primary premise of the entire system is that a user's attention has value. For this reason, when watching or viewing a piece of content that the user must pay Alpha Tokens for, users only pay for the amount that they view. The Browser takes no data and value privacy and content. It is currently available on the Apple iTunes Store as well as the Android Store
Alpha Wallet[edit | edit source]
The Alpha Wallet is an integrated cold wallet with the browser and the publisher, it is a truly decentralized wallet available on the iTunes app store. It can host ATK and other Ethereum and non Ethereum based tokens.
Transactions[edit | edit source]
The key feature of Alpha Browser is that is allows content creators and users to interact directly with no transaction costs.
Intellectual Property[edit | edit source]
In the Forbes article, How Content Creators Earn. Is the System Broken? Alpha Token is highlighted as a means for creators to regain control of their content and the monetization thereof. Additionally they are an example of transparency restoring a sustainable social media ecosystm.
Privacy[edit | edit source]
The Alpha Browser uses the distributed anonymous questionnaire system. This allows the browser to "capture statistics of the user's attention and remove fraud while avoiding wasting attention of individuals by content publishers and advertisers. While protecting user privacy, it provides the advertisers and content publishers the real user behavior data, the transmission and verification of attention are achieved through the ATK chain."
Additionally, the Alpha Browser also uses an anonymous algorithm to protect user browsing privacy.
Smart Contracts[edit | edit source]
Alpha Browser and the exchange of Alpha Tokens function on smart contracts. A smart contract is a computer protocol intended to digitally facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract. Smart Contracts allow the performance of credible transactions without third parties. These transactions are trackable and irreversible.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Washington, DC: The New Blockchain Hub in 2018
- Alpha Token: Dr. Wallace Lynch at Digital Money Forum
- Alpha Token | Alpha Browser - Activate Your Value
- Alpha Law - Opportunity and Challenge ICO Means to VC and IT Industry, NBC2017, Tokyo
- The Declaration of Digitzen at Block 2 The Future
- Content creators are not getting paid fairly - Cointimes US
- Dr. Wallace Lynch: The Digital Democracy - Go RestartX
- Creating an ICO-Empowered Benevolent Economy - Blockchain Gamer Biz
References[edit | edit source]
- "Document". www.atoken.org. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "The rise of the new content economy". VentureBeat. 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Alpha Token Whitepaper" (PDF).
- Token, Alpha (2018-03-02). "A Simple Guide To The Not-So-Simple Concept of Crypto Wallets". Medium. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Wallace Lynch - Founder | CEO @ Ties | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Columbia University - Economics". econ.columbia.edu (in custom). Retrieved 2018-03-08.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Lynch, Wallace (2008-12-05). Family Socioeconomic Status, College Education and Earnings in China: How Family Background Impacts your Future Income. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller. ISBN 9783836491204.
- Keen, Andrew. "The 'attention economy' created by Silicon Valley is bankrupting us". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- Lynch, Wallace (2018-04-24). "Opinion | Reinventing the Internet via blockchain". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Sterling, Bruce. "Tech-lash galore". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Lynch, Wallace (2018-04-24). "Opinion | Reinventing the Internet via blockchain". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "What is Blockchain Technology? A Step-by-Step Guide For Beginners". Blockgeeks. 2016-09-18. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- Lee, Sherman. "Explaining Side Chains, The Next Breakthrough In Blockchain". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Rootstock – Smart Contracts on Bitcoin via Sidechains". Daily Fintech. 2018-03-05. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "ATK". www.atoken.org. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Pasadena Alpha Muse". pasadenaalphamuse.com. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "ATK Wallet on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Can transparency and accountability ensure a more sustainable social media ecosystem?". e27. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Hil, Lori. "How Content Creators Earn. Is the System Broken?". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Can transparency and accountability ensure a more sustainable social media ecosystem?". e27. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "What is smart contract? - Definition from WhatIs.com". SearchCompliance. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Washington, DC: The New Blockchain Hub in 2018 | Crowdfund Insider". Crowdfund Insider. 2018-02-25. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Alpha Token" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alpha Token. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.