Alters band in Berlin: Paweł Zalewski, Robert Pludra, Piotr Zalewski, 2017
|Labels||Lynx Music, Fonografika, Musea|
|Past members||Stefan Nowakowski|
Alters is a progressive/post-rock band combining vintage guitars and psychedelic of the 70s, synth sounds of the 80s with modern electronic music, historic instruments (lute, viola da gamba) and original visuals.
History[edit | edit source]
ALTERS is made up of classically educated multi-instrumentalists and music producers, well known in the independent music community, performing from the stage of National Opera to the largest rock festivals. The group also includes graduates of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts, who combine music with audiovisual scenography, installations and video-art. Diversified multipart compositions inter-spersed with songs and solo etudes create concept albums, which then are realized in concerts. ALTERS won a first price in Audiowizje Festival 2014 and their music video “Dawn” has been nominated and screened on four film festivals in Denmark, Canada and Poland. The first band studio album "MILD" was released by polish progressive rock label Lynx Music in 2007. During next years the band recorded few EP's. One of them called "100" was released by the Polish label Fonografika. Also the first album "MILD" was re-released by Fonografika. On the 15th of September 2017 Alters released their second LP "Dawn" by the French label Musea Records.The premiere concerts were played in Poland (e.g. at Spring Break Festival), Germany, Switzerland and Iceland.
Theater and performative activity[edit | edit source]
In addition to performances, the band regularly contributes to theatrical events. In the season 2014/2015 in Theatre Studio ALTERS co-created the spectacle “Baby Doll”. The band also worked with Marek Ałaszewski, a leader of popular in the 70s Polish group „Klan”, co-created an audiovisual project of Theatre Studio Test „GENESIES”, and participated in project „Clean Room” of Juan Domínguez Rojo at the Body/Mind Festival in Theatre Studio. ALTERS also play live music for the film screenings.
Dawn album[edit | edit source]
“DAWN” consists of 7 tracks closed in the hour-long concept album. Unusual instruments, a combination of sounds of the 80s with modern electronic music and psychedelic of the 70s is main characteristic of ALTERS. Specific vibe of the concerts is brought out also by using instruments such as lute or viola da gamba and innovative visual effects.  
Members[edit | edit source]
- Paweł Zalewski – vocal, guitar, keyboards, viola da gamba, saz
- Piotr Zalewski – vocals, keyboards, electronics, bass, viola da gamba, lute
- Robert Pludra – drums
Cooperating artists[edit | edit source]
Discography[edit | edit source]
Studio albums[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Mild". www.empik.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Alters - Mild - Lynx Music - 2007 - LM21CD - Archiwum Polskiego Rocka 1961 - 2018". Alters - Mild - Lynx Music - 2007 - LM21CD - Archiwum Polskiego Rocka 1961 - 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "100". www.empik.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "ALTERS : Dawn". www.musearecords.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Williams odrealniony". teatralny.pl. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Laufer, czyli w dowolnym kierunku i na ukos". progrock.org.pl. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "C/U - Dziś startuje projekt "Clean Room"". www.cialoumysl.pl. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Filmoteka Narodowa - Serwis www - Iluzjon". www.fn.org.pl. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "When unconsciousness Alters dreams - LiveTrigger Magazine". livetrigger.com. 16 September 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Porcys". www.porcys.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Tuesday Tracks: Your weekly new music discovery - RIFF Magazine". www.riffmagazine.com. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Nowy album zespołu ALTERS „Dawn" - VOID! MAGAZINE". voidmagazine.pl. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
Links[edit | edit source]
This article "Alters" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Alters/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.