This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Owners||Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois|
Altitude Sports was founded in 1984 as a local outdoor and ski shop on in Montreal. In 1999 it launched its store website marking it as one of the first online retailers in Canada. New ownership and a shift towards e-commerce lead to the closing of its flagship store on St-Denis in 2014. Today the Mont-Tremblant store is the last remaining physical location, with 98% of its commercial activities taking place online. Altitude Sports has since re-branded as an online retailer first, specializing in technical clothing, outdoor apparel and gear.
In 2011, Altitude-sports.com was purchased by employee Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois.
- In 2016 Altitude-sports.com collaborated with Quartz Co. and Monark™ to produce the first-ever milkweed insulated winter coats.
- Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois were the winners in the eCommerce category at the third edition of the eCommerce Quebec and received an award from the Quebec Retail Council.
- In early 2018, BDC Capital became a minority shareholder of Altitude-sports.com.
- "Altitude Sports quitte Saint-Denis - La Presse+". La Presse+ (in français). 2016-03-30. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports receives a significant minority equity investment from BDC Capital". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports - Du pignon sur rue à la boutique 100% web | Didier Bert | Virage numérique". La Presse (in français). 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports : de détaillant vieillissant à entreprise techno". www.lesaffaires.com.
- "How a Quebec company used milkweed to create a one-of-a-kind winter coat".
- Brulotte, Rodger. "Les lauréats de la 3e édition d'eCommerce-Québec".
- "Altitude Sports receives a significant minority equity investment from BDC Capital". www.newswire.ca.
This article "Altitude Sports" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Altitude Sports. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.