This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Owners||Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois|
History[edit | edit source]
Altitude Sports was founded in 1984 as a local outdoor and ski shop on St-Denis street in Montreal. In 1999 it launched its online store which was the first online outdoor retailer in Canada. New ownership in 2011 shifted focus away from brick and mortar, and closed the St-Denis store in 2014 to concentrate efforts on online retail. Today the store located in Mont-Tremblant is the last remaining physical location, with 98% of its commercial activities taking place online. Altitude Sports has since re-branded as an online retailer for technical, urban fashion and high end outdoor apparel and gear.
Ownership[edit | edit source]
In 2011, Altitude-sports.com was purchased by employee Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- In 2016 Altitude-sports.com collaborated with Quartz Co. and Monark™ to produce the first-ever milkweed insulated winter coats.
- Alexandre Guimond and Maxime Dubois were the winners in the eCommerce category at the third edition of the eCommerce Quebec and received an award from the Quebec Retail Council.
- In early 2018, BDC Capital became a minority shareholder of Altitude-sports.com.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Altitude Sports quitte Saint-Denis - La Presse+". La Presse+ (in français). 2016-03-30. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports receives a significant minority equity investment from BDC Capital". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports - Du pignon sur rue à la boutique 100% web | Didier Bert | Virage numérique". La Presse (in français). 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Altitude Sports : de détaillant vieillissant à entreprise techno". www.lesaffaires.com.
- "How a Quebec company used milkweed to create a one-of-a-kind winter coat".
- Brulotte, Rodger. "Les lauréats de la 3e édition d'eCommerce-Québec".
- "Altitude Sports receives a significant minority equity investment from BDC Capital". www.newswire.ca.
This article "Altitude Sports" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Altitude Sports/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.