This article uses bare URLs, which may be threatened by link rot. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
'Amoli' - A powerful documentary film on the shocking truths about the lesser known business of child sex trade in India. Threaded together by spine-chilling personal accounts of survivors of the trade, the film explores the inner workings of this business that has come to engulf every village and city of our nation. The film is narrated by Rajkummar Rao (Hindi), Vidya Balan (English), Kamal Haasan (Tamil), Puneeth Rajkumar (Kannada), Jisshu Sengupta (Bengali), Sachin Khedekar (Marathi) and Nani (actor) (Telugu).
Amoli is produced by Culture Machine Media Pvt. Ltd. and directed by Jasmine Kaur Roy and Avinash Roy.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
15-year-old Amoli suddenly went missing one day from her home in the remote tea gardens of West Bengal, India. Like Amoli, a child goes missing every 8 minutes in India. Where do these children go? What happens to them? 'Amoli' is the story of children who are trafficked and sold into commercial sex work. The film takes a look into the workings of this dark, nefarious trade and narrates the stories of some brave survivors who have been through hell and have lived to share their harrowing tales.
Production[edit | edit source]
The documentary film was made over a period of one year with in-depth on field research and shooting which took place in different parts of India, namely West Bengal, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
The film released online on 7th May 2018 in 7 languages and received a great response.
References[edit | edit source]
1. Have you seen my girl?, The Hindu 2. Scroll.in 3. AMOLI – A Spine Chilling Documentary About Lesser Known Business of Child Sex Trade In India!, ChaiBiskit 4.Hotstar adds documentary film ‘Amoli’ to its offering, Television Post 5. Child Trafficking and Film Amoli’s Priceless Message to the World 6.Call to Action, Elle India, May 2018. 7. Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar lend voice to film on sexual-exploitation, Indian Express, 7 May 2018 8. Vidya Balan, Rajkummar Rao, Kamal Haasan, And Others Lend Voice To Amoli, A Documentary On Child Sex Trafficking, Silverscreen, 8 May 2018. 9. Nani voice over heart breaking short film, My fisrst Show. 10. Voicing his support, The Hindu, 7 May 2018 11. This New Documentary Shines Light In The Life Of A Girl Child Trafficked For Sex, Sunday Mid-Day, 15 April 2018 12. Amoli: The search for India’s missing girls, Livemint, 4 May 2018 13. Amoli: The search for India’s missing girls, Deccan Herald, 8 May 2018 14. अमोली: फिल्मी हस्तियों ने यौन शोषण पर फिल्म के लिए आवाज उठाई, Sakshi Samachar, 8 may 2018 15. AMOLI -The Silent Crusade Against Child Trafficking And Sex Trade! Tollytrip, 7 May 2018 16. Culture Machine's Amoli tells a heart-wrenching story about sexual exploitation of children, Indian Express Indulge, 4 May 2018 17.Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar lend voice to film on sexual exploitation, Business Standard 6 May 2018 18.Kamal Haasan lends voice to film on sexual exploitation, Times of India, 7 May 2018
- Sinha, Sayoni (19 May 2018). "Have you seen my girl?" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Staff, Scroll. "Watch: In 'Amoli', the hunt for a missing girl unravels the horrors of child sex trafficking".
- Gonzalez, Prathik. "AMOLI – A Spine Chilling Documentary About Lesser Known Business of Child Sex Trade In India!".
- "Hotstar adds documentary film 'Amoli' to its offering". www.televisionpost.com.
- Team, ELLE India. "This documentary exposes India's billion-dollar sex trafficking industry". Elle India.
- "Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar lend voice to film on sexual exploitation".
- "Vidya Balan, Rajkummar Rao, Kamal Haasan, And Others Lend Voice To Amoli, A Documentary On Child Sex Trafficking". 8 May 2018.
- "Nani Voice Over Heart Breaking Short Film - Jasmine Kaur Roy". 7 May 2018.
- R, Shilpa Sebastian; R, Shilpa Sebastian (7 May 2018). "Voicing his support" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "This new documentary shines light in the life of a girl child trafficked for sex". 15 April 2018.
- Kappal, Bhanuj (4 May 2018). "Amoli: The search for India's missing girls".
- "Amoli: The fate of children kidnapped in India for sex". 5 May 2018.
- "अमोली: फिल्मी हस्तियों ने यौन शोषण पर फिल्म के लिए आवाज उठाई".
- "AMOLI -The Silent Crusade Against Child Trafficking And Sex Trade!". 7 May 2018.
- "Culture Machine's Amoli tells a heart-wrenching story about sexual exploitation of children".
- IANS (6 May 2018). "Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar lend voice to film on sexual exploitation" – via Business Standard.
- "Kamal Haasan lends voice to film on sexual exploitation - Times of India".
[edit | edit source]
Amoli on IMDb
This article "Amoli (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amoli (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.