This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Baranovo, Moscow Oblast, Soviet UnionJuly 22, 1936
|Nationality||Soviet Union Russia|
|Alma mater||Moscow Aviation Institute (1959)|
|Awards||Order For Merit to the Fatherland, 4th class |
USSR State Prize
Anatoliy Sazonovich Koroteyev (Russian: Анато́лий Сазо́нович Короте́ев; born July 22, 1936) is a Soviet and Russian theoretical physicist and academic who contributed to the field of rocket engine physics.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Anatoliy Koroteev is an expert in propulsion and power systems of space-rocket complexes, generation and application of low-temperature plasma, and obtaining powerful energy flow.
With his direct participation and leadership made major research and development:
- Obtained fundamental results, will create the world's first high-power plasma torches;
- Proposed and implemented a unique system of high-power electron and neutral beams in the atmosphere and gases high blood pressure, which was the basis for the development of innovative systems for defense and economic purposes, the complex of space experiments on the interaction of artificial plasma formations with the ionosphere;
- A complex of research on the development of nuclear power plants and ensure their high ground tests;
- Work began on a new generation of high-power electric propulsion and high specific impulse with a new way to control the thrust vector.
- President of the Russian Academy of Cosmonautics,
- Member of the International Academy of Astronautics,
- Member of the board of Rosaviakosmos,
- Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Koroteyev has created more than 220 inventions and concepts in the fields of rocket engines and power in space.
Nuclear propulsion advocacy[edit | edit source]
Koroteyev is a proponent of nuclear propulsion. He believes that nuclear propulsion can provide the energy needed for a Mars mission.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Глава Центра Келдыша Анатолий Коротеев отмечает сегодня юбилей" [Head of the Keldysh Center Anatoly Koroteev celebrates his jubilee today] (in Russian). Русский мир. July 22, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Академик Коротеев: полеты на Марс скоро станут реальностью" [Academician Koroteev: flights to Mars will soon become a reality]. Рoskosmos. May 26, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
[edit | edit source]
- Academician Anatoly Koroteyev - 70! on site of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Profile on site of Russian Academy of Sciences
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Anatoliy Koroteyev" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Anatoliy Koroteyev. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.