|Alma mater||Warwick Business School|
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Anoushka Adya is a TEDx Speaker and Social Entrepreneur. She has spoken about the 5 Ways in which society creates Gender stereotypes. Anoushka is the founder and CEO of Di-Mentions Studio, Digital Media Agency based in Mumbai. She is also the founder and CEO of Lajja Diaries, a Feminist platform for Women's empowerment.
Career[edit | edit source]
Anoushka Adya's first job after she completed her masters' at Warwick Business School London was as a digital marketer for beverage company Whyte & Mackay in the UK. She then worked for multiple startups. She joined marketing company House of Kaizen in 2013 and realized truly enjoyed her work. She launched Di-Mentions Studio in 2014. She has worked with more than 100 clients, including Audi, Rolls Royce, Essel World and Amazon India, in India, London and Dubai.
Philanthropy[edit | edit source]
Lajja Diaries[edit | edit source]
Anoushka started Lajja Diaries in 2014. Lajja Diaries is a feminist platform for Women Empowerment and that gives voice to victims of violence. Anoushka runs this startup organization single-handedly and leads a very effective team. It is a platform that has been built with a lot of soul. Born out of a [Tragedy]] and National shame, Lajja Diaries was conceived as people grappled to make sense of the horrific gang rape of Jyoti Singh in Delhi 2012. It is a platform for women all across the world to share their stories of Sexual or Physical abuse. Lajja Diaries aims to start a dialogue around women’s issues in and beyond India. It is an active platform publishing both original and curated content around the same.
Awards & Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Anoushka Adya is a TEDx Speaker and has spoken about the “5 Ways in which society creates Gender stereotypes”.
- Rising Star for the Year by Exchange4Media Media Ace Awards.
- Digital Woman Award by SheThePeople TV 2017
- Entrepreneur Start-up Awards 2018 for “Community Developer of the Year”
- She has been a guest speaker at IIM Rohtak and IIT Mumbai
References[edit | edit source]
- "4 ways society taught me that my consent didn't matter | Anoushka Adya | TEDxBocconiUMumbai". 26 May 2017.
- "MY STARTUP IDEA: DocsApp and Di-mentions Studio founders on their eureka moments - Times of India". TOI.
- "SI Startup Of The Year Special | October 2016 | Siliconindia India Magazine -1". Siliconindiamagazine.com.
- "Meet the entrepreneur who is giving a voice to victims of sexual abuse to speak up". Rediff.com.
- "'Think Differently'". Afternoondc.in.
- "Ms. Anoushka Adya". Tedxbocconiumumbai.com.
- Adya, Anoushka. "Anoushka Adya". Entrepreneur.
- "New digital platform encourages women to speak up against violence | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNA India. 5 August 2016.
- "Media Ace Awards 2017 for Indian Media Agencies - E4m". events.exchange4media.com.
- "Digital Women Awards Winners". Shethepeople.tv.