April 2018 North American storm complex
The April 2018 North American storm complex is a North American natural disaster that occurred on April 2, 2018, providing gusts of wind up to 70-80 miles per hour, with heavy snow storms in the Upper Midwest. It was described as "the year’s most extensive severe weather outbreak".
Over 5[not in citation given] inches of snow fell in New York City. Ninety-one flights were canceled with 113 flights delayed out of LaGuardia Airport. The New York Yankees' first game of the year had to be rescheduled.
Nineteen inches of snow fell in Fishtail, Montana.
In mid April, the storms left multiple airline passengers stranded and hundreds of thousands of individuals without electricity. In Michigan, where snowfall reached 18 inches in certain areas. A large percentage of Detroit was without power, with the expectation that it would not be restored until 17 April 2018.
The mass of frozen precipitation paired with fast moving wind resulted in hundreds of electrical lines falling in Wayne County, Michigan. A satellite image of this storm system on April 15, 2018 stretches from northern Ontario in Canada to the Yucatan peninsula  and is similar to the radar image of the 1993 Storm of the Century. On 15 April 2018, Green Bay, Wisconsin had its second highest snowfall ever with 23 inches. While the biggest accumulation was 33 inches in Shawano, Wisconsin . In Ontario an ice storm that stretched across the entire southern region caused over 50,000 people to lose power and triggered many school closures.  Falling ice in toronto caused a hole to appear in the roof of the rogers center.
- 2017–18 North American winter
- "April 3 date may ring true again for severe weather". murrayledger.com. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Largest severe weather outbreak of the season to strike southern, central US into Tuesday night". www.accuweather.com. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Largest severe weather outbreak of the season to strike southern, central US into Tuesday night – (Accuweather)". gulfcoasthurricanes.com. April 3, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Upper Midwest faces multiple subfreezing days as more chill aims at northern US this week". www.accuweather.com. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Winter Storm Wilbur Delivering an Expansive Swath of Snow From the Upper Midwest to Maine". weather.com. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Satellite image of April 15, 2018 storm system
- Inc., Pelmorex Weather Networks. "PHOTOS: Nasty storm hits Ontario hard, destruction unfolding". The Weather Network. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
|This article about disaster management or a disaster is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "April 2018 North American storm complex" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:April 2018 North American storm complex. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.