AstralSat, also known as DTH Interactive Telecomunicação Ltda, is or was a satellite television service in Brazil that was the first such service in that country to offer prepaid subscription TV.
It reportedly suspended operations in 2010.
The service launched a plan of 12 channels for R$30 per month. The channels offered were TNT, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TCM, Canal Brasil, TV Climatempo, Discovery Channel, Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, People + Arts, BandNews and BandSports.
The service removed five channels from its service without explanation in August 2005 and lowered the price to R$20 per month. The current channel lineup is: TNT, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Discovery Channel, Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, TCM and TV Aparecida.
With a receiver provided by the operator, it is possible to receive digital signals transmitted from the satellite Brasilsat B1. Currently there are 21 digital television channels open on Brasilsat B1 and eight more AstralSat channels remaining.
Unlike other television providers, AstralSat does not require subscribers to pay every month. Instead, it offers a prepayment plan in which the client stores credits on his or her card. AstralSet aims to attain 100,000 subscribers and to offer 36 channels.
- "Astralsat entra em operação". TELA VIVA News (in português). 2004-03-08. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "AstralSat Company Profile, Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis, Mergers and Acquisitions, Partnerships and Investments, News, Key Profiles and Competitors Report". digitGaps. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Telefonica to offer joint packages with Astralsat". www.telecompaper.com. 9 October 2006. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Boadica - Notícias - TV por assinatura DTHi estreia no Brasil com planos pré-pagos" [Boadica - News - DTHi pay TV debuts in Brazil with prepaid plans]. www.boadica.com.br. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Acordo com Astralsat é o "plano B"". TeleSíntese (in português). 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Telefônica levará ao Cade acordo com a Astralsat" [Telefônica will bring Cade agreement with Astralsat]. TELETIME News (in português). 2006-09-05. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- Possebom, Samuel (03/05/2006). "FNDC - Tecsat e Astralsat enfrentam problemas operacionais" [Tecsat and Astralsat face operational problems]. FNDC. Retrieved 2021-08-31. Check date values in:
- "Acordo com Astralsat é o "plano B"" [AGREEMENT WITH ASTRALSAT IS “PLAN B”]. TeleSíntese (in português). 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Telefônica e AstralSat iniciam operação de DTH em Ribeirão Preto" [TELEFÔNICA AND ASTRALSAT START DTH OPERATION IN RIBEIRÃO PRETO]. TeleSíntese (in português). 2006-11-23. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- Fuoco, Taís (06/09/2006). "Operadora quer oferecer TV com licença da Astralsat" [Operator wants to offer TV with Astralsat license]. Valor Econômico. p. B1. Retrieved 2021-08-31 – via www2.senado.leg.br. Check date values in:
- SP, Redação. "Telesat Suspende Sinais da Operadora DTHi". TV Magazine (in português). Retrieved 2021-08-31.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Brazilian television-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "AstralSat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:AstralSat. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.