Azhar Abbas (journalist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Azhar Abbas is a senior journalist and currently the managing director of Geo News Karachi. He is in mainstream journalism since 1990. He started his career with English language daily newspaper as a reporter. He had completed his Masters in Economics from University of Karachi in 1990. He is recipient of Fulbright Scholarship and studied in Boston University and Newhouse School of Communication. Azhar abbas has also worked for Dawn News Channel as Director News and Current affairs. He joined Bol News when network started but left after Axact scandal. He is a strong supporter of journalistic community in Pakistan and their well being.
Family[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Zahra-Malik, Mehreen (26 March 2018). "'The New Normal' in Pakistan: a Journalist on the Run From Gunmen" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Azhar Abbas returns to Geo" (Press release). JournalismPakistan. 2013-08-03.
- "Azhar Abbas moved to BOL News" (Press release). mediadevelopmenttrust.
- "Kamran Khan, Azhar Abbas, others quit Axact's media group" (Press release). Geo Tv.
- "Senior Journalist Azhar Abbas Brief Biography". Pakistanmediaupdates.
- "PFUJ warns media against hiring Azhar Abbas, Kamran Khan" (Press release). Tribune Pakistan.
- "Kamran Khan, Azhar Abbas, other senior journalists quit Bol" (Press release). The News Pakistan.
- "Wali Khan Babar" (Press release). CPJ.
- "Journalist killed in Taliban region" (Press release). CNN.
External Links[edit | edit source]
|This article about a Pakistani journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Azhar Abbas (journalist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Azhar Abbas (journalist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.