B.Ginnings was a nightclub located in Schaumburg, Illinois, which opened in 1974. The principal and most well-known owner was Danny Seraphine, the drummer for the rock band Chicago, who had a hit song called "Beginnings." The club was noteworthy for bringing numerous "rising artists" to the Chicago area, particularly in the punk and new wave rock genres, but also booked many established artists, especially in jazz fusion.
In 1980 Poplar Creek Music Theater opened just down the road. Bands that used to perform at B.Ginnings were now headlining or opening acts at Poplar Creek. By late 1980 attendance dwindled dramatically. With legal issues and license violations the owners were forced to sell. Soon afterwards, even with the new ownership, the venue closed down. It was converted into what it is today, an Illinois Secretary of State drivers license testing facility.
- Cheap Trick
- Lou Reed
- Johnny Winter
- Van Morrison
- Elvis Costello
- The Police
- The Ramones
- Van Halen
- Average White Band
- John Cougar Mellencamp
- Rare Earth
- Rory Gallagher
- Billy Joel
- Joe Cocker
- The Cars
- The Specials
- Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Bob Seger
- "OUR BARRIERS ARE PRETTY FLEXIBLE", Interview with Robert Lamm, The Scene, September 12, 1974
- Holmberg, Tom (2010-12-26). ""Only The B.Ginning" of the Nightlife Scene in Schaumburg". History of Schaumburg Township. Schaumburg Township District Library. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Billboard - Google Books". Books.google.com. 1976-10-30. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Billboard - Google Books". Books.google.com. 1980-09-27. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- https://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Backstage/1314/amct/70s.html&date=2009-10-25+10:46:46 (Dec. 31, 1976)
- "DEVO Live Guide - 1978". huboon.com.
- Strauss, Wolfgang. "Scorpions MTV Unplugged". the-scorpions.de. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- "John Cougar-Mellencamp..." outernetweb.com.
- Skafish: Chicago’s first punk rocker
This article "B.Ginnings" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:B.Ginnings. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.