Bay Area International Children's Film Festival
|No. of films||80|
The Bay Area International Children’s Film Festival (BAICFF) was founded to present children and their families a view of other cultures through film in order to foster global understanding and artistic exchange. The festival’s main venue is the Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland, California, where it is held in January or February. The festival often partners with other San Francisco Bay Area media organizations that educate or advocate for children, which include the Bayview Hunters Point Center for Arts & Technology (BAYCAT), Common Sense Media, and Reel Stories. The festival often includes presentations or panels from film and animation industry professionals.
The festival was co-founded in 2009 by Shelley Trott, director of arts strategy and ventures at The Kenneth Rainin Foundation, and Academy Award-nominated animator Jim Capobianco, and is produced with the Renaissance International School and Screen 360: Films for Children of the World.
During the festival, BAICFF offers animation workshops to attending children that utilize clay puppets, pixilation, and found objects to create animated shorts. The workshops are staffed by film and media students of Berkeley City College.
Every year, the festival gives out Children's Choice Awards based on audience votes from attending kids.
|Late Afternoon||Louise Bagnall||Ireland|
|Splitting Time||Gleb Sanchez-Lobashov||USA|
|The Statue||Becca Wolff||USA|
|2018||A Festive Wind||Marjolaine Perreten||Switzerland|
|My Grandmother Ironed the King's Shirts||Torill Kove||Canada|
|Negative Space||Max Porter, Ru Kuwahata||France|
|Puppy Trials||Thomas Nicol||USA|
|2017||Alike||Daniel Martínez Lara, Rafa Cano Méndez||Spain|
|Class Action: Mendez vs. Westminster||Lisa Rossi, Tony Saxe||USA|
|The Runaway Toilet||Thomas Nicol||USA|
|The Sled||Olesya Shchukina||Russia|
|Trial and Error||Antje Heyn||Germany|
- "Bay Area Kid Film Fest Celebrates 'Women Breaking the Mold'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Bay Area International Children's Film Festival reaches 10th year". SFGate. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Chabot to host 7th Bay Area International Children's Film Festival". East Bay Times. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Chabot Space & Science Center Hosts a Film Fest for Kids". Alameda Magazine. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Children's film festival inspires creativity". Oakland North. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Bay Area International Children's Film Festival turning 10 at Chabot". The Mercury News. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- "Študent FTF VŠMU Peter Trandžík uspel v Kalifornii s filmom - Sušienku?". Kinema. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- Official website
- The Renaissance International School
- Bayview Hunters Point Center for Arts & Technology (BAYCAT)
- Jim Capobianco on IMDb
Category:Children's film festivals in the United States Category:Film festivals in the San Francisco Bay Area
This article "Bay Area International Children's Film Festival" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bay Area International Children's Film Festival. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.