Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché
Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché is a 2018 documentary about the first female filmmaker Alice Guy-Blaché, directed by Pamela B. Green. It was screened out of competition at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival in the Cannes Classics category. It was nominated for the festival's L'Œil d'or documentary prize.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Narrated by Jodie Foster, Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché is a feature documentary that rewrites film history, revealing for the first time the full scope of the life and work of cinema’s first female director, screenwriter, producer, and studio owner Alice Guy-Blaché.
Production[edit | edit source]
Critical Response[edit | edit source]
Reviews for the version of the film screened at Cannes were generally positive, with Deadline's Pete Hammond claiming it to be perhaps "The Best (And Least-Seen) Film in Cannes."
References[edit | edit source]
- "BE NATURAL: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ALICE GUY-BLACHÉ - Festival de Cannes". Festival de Cannes.
- "2018 Competition". www.scam.fr.
- "Be Natural: The untold story of Alice Guy-Blaché". Kickstarter.
- "benaturalthemovie.com". benaturalthemovie.com.
- Hammond, Pete (14 May 2018). "Why 'Be Natural', The Documentary About The First Female Director, May Be The Best (And Least-Seen) Film In Cannes".
This article "Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blaché. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.