Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It
|Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It|
|Directed by||Torsten Hoffmann and Michael Watchulonis|
|Produced by||3D Content Hub|
|Written by||Torsten Hoffmann|
Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It is a documentary that explains the controversial Bitcoin phenomenon, in a concise and informative crash course about money and cryptocurrencies. The film was co-directed by first-time filmmaker Torsten Hoffmann and multiple Emmy nominee, Michael Watchulonis. The film is available to watch on Vimeo on Demand, Amazon Prime, and iTunes. The film interviews a range of experts such as Andreas M. Antonopoulous, Roger Ver, Trace Mayer, Bruce Fenton, Michael Casey, Paul Vigna and many more.
Filmed in Miami, New York, Melbourne, and Toronto the documentary Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It traces the history of money from the ancient world to the modern trading floors of Wall Street. The documentary exposes the practices of central banking and other financial actors who brought the world to its knees in the last crisis. It highlights Government influence on the money creation process and how it causes inflation. Moreover, this film explains how most money we use today is created out of thin air by commercial banks when they make loans. Epic in scope, this film examines the patterns of technological innovation and questions everything you thought you knew about money. Is Bitcoin an alternative to national currencies backed by debt? Will Bitcoin and crypto-currencies spark a revolution in how we use money peer to peer? Or is it simply a new tool for criminals and the next bubble waiting to burst?
- 2015 VAN GOGH Prize, Special Jury award at the Amsterdam Film Festival.
- Best International Documentary’ and ‘Best Libertarian Theme’ at Skousen’s Freedom Fest’s Anthem Film Festival.
- Bitfilm 2016, Best Bitcoin Documentary, Buenos Aires and other cities
The film raised $AUD17,362 on Kickstarter. While the project is largely self funded by $60,000, this campaign will help create stronger post-production and script development as well as reach out to more interviews.
The film was released in the summer of 2015 and subsequently film has won 4 international film festival awards, with an IMDB score 7.2 and has been one of the most pirated documentaries of 2015.
Torsten Hoffmann is now planning for an updated, bigger and better documentary which will include hot new topics like Ethereum, ICOs and the entire Bitcoin scaling debate.
- "Video: Bitcoin as 'The End Of Money As We Know It.'". CCN.
- "BITCOIN DOCUMENTARY: THE END OF MONEY AS WE KNOW IT". Bitcoin News Magazine.
- van Wirdum, Aaron. "Crowdfunded Documentary 'Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It' Premiers Online". Coin Telegraph.
- Santos, Maria. "Crowdfunded documentary "Bitcoin: The End Of Money" is live". 99 Bitcoins.
- Young, Joseph. "Award-Winning Bitcoin Documentary Featuring Roger Ver and Antonopoulos Released Today". Bitcoin Magazine.
- Rosulek, Martin. "5 Best Bitcoin Movies You Must Watch". Block Alive.
- Parker, Luke. "The first twenty Bitcoin documentaries were a mixed bag".
- "Torsten Hoffmann - Decision Maker". Australian International Documentary Conference.
This article "Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bitcoin: The End Of Money As We Know It. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.