Huntington Beach, California
Number of locations
|Revenue||$32 million, USD (2017)|
Number of employees
The company was founded in the mid-1990s by Bob Thompson in North Carolina as a local seller of various watch brands and models. Thompson retired in 2010 and sold the business to Paul Altieri for $8,000. Alteiri relaunched the website, with a focus on reselling Rolex watches. From the beginning, its website listed the price that the company would be willing to pay for each watch alongside the price the company would sell the watch for. In 2014 it began offering buyers and sellers of Rolex watches the ability to post selling and buying prices, creating an exchange.
As of 2013 the company had a retail storefront in Westminster, California, and offices in a strip mall in Huntington Beach, California. Altieri's wife, Carol, is the company's chief operating officer.
By 2017 grey market sales of luxury watches were "upending the global watch industry," according to Barron's; exports of new watches from Switzerland fell 10% in 2016 and there was a glut of inventory of new watches, driving prices down.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Business : Girls' toys and games, Ayisha Fuseini, LinkedIn, RedSeer Management Consulting
Others articles of the Topic California : Overlook Park (Murrieta, California), San Jose, California, Bob Cohee, Los Angeles, Carl Marino, Ceno (rapper), Adventist Health Hanford
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- Hsieh, Sherry (May 21, 2018). "Bob's Watches CEO Calls Site Marketing Company". Orange County Business Journal.
Altieri paid $8,000 for the business in 2010, buying it from retiring North Carolina dealer Bob Thompson and transforming it from a small local dealer .... "We list both the buy price and sell price," Altieri said. Take an 18-karat yellow gold Rolex Day-Date-Bob's prices the timepiece at $16,595, below the $17,109 regular price and the $31,350 retail price. It would pay the seller $14,000 for the model. That's no secret; the numbers are on the website.....Altieri runs the company with his wife, Chief Operating Officer Carol Altieri, and Chief Financial Officer Joe Alessandrini from a 5,000square-foot space in a Goldenwest Street shopping center. Neighbors include the Mattress Place, a Cash 4 Gold store, 405 Tropical Fish and used-clothier Plato's Closet-hardly the type of next-door neighbors one associates with a luxury watch retailer....The site offers other luxury watch brands, including Patek Philippe and Omega, but it's known for Rolexes.
- "Bob's Watches – Westminster, CA". Inc.
- Binkley, Christina (2016-03-15). "In a Collection of Luxury Timepieces, One Rolex Stands Out". Wall Street Journal.
- Stults, Kyle (November 18, 2013). "Making a Market in Pre-Owned Rolex: Bob's Watches". Perpetuelle.
- Adams, Susan. "Bob's Watches Brings Transparency to the Fraud-Filled Market for Used and Vintage Rolexes". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
The site offers other luxury brands--Patek Philippe, Panerai and Omega among them--but is known for its Rolexes
- Biggs, John (March 12, 2014). "Bob's Watches Streamlines the Rolex Market with an Electronic Exchange". Tech Crunch.
- Ferrell, David (March 21, 2013). "Good Times Return for Rolex Watches". Orange County Register.
- Perman, Stacy (2017-04-21). "How to Buy Luxury Watches for 40% Off". Barron's. Archived from the original on 2018-08-30.
[edit | edit source]
Further reading[edit | edit source]
This article "Bob's Watches" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bob's Watches. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.