Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Bridge over Fountain Creek (Manitou Avenue)
Bridge over Fountain Creek
U.S. Historic district
Bridge over Fountain Creek, Old Mans Trail, eastern end of Memorial Park.
|Location||502 Manitou Avenue, Manitou Springs, Colorado|
|Manitou Springs, Colorado|
The Bridge over Fountain Creek, located in the Manitou Springs Historic District, Manitou Springs, Colorado, is a contributing property to a National Register of Historic Places listing. The stonework bridge is one of the 80 sites listed in the Manitou Springs Historic District.
Prior to the construction of the stone "Bridge over Fountain Creek" over Old Man's Trail, there was a bridge constructed to deliver visitors to the Manitou House Hotel. The hotel, the first in Manitou Springs, was built by William Jackson Palmer and William Abraham Bell, who had founded the resort town.
The bridge to Manitou House Hotel was built primarily for hotel traffic. The hotel was torn down and Memorial Park is now located to the left of the bridge in the photograph. A saloon to the right of the bridge is now the site of a bank.
- Manitou Springs Historic District
- List of Manitou Springs Historic District buildings
- National Register of Historic Places in El Paso County, Colorado. American Dreams. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- Manitou Springs Historic District Nomination Form. History Colorado. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Historic Structures Assessment Report: Historic Stone Bridges and Retaining Walls" (PDF). Atkinson-Nolan and Associates and the Collaborative, inc. for The City of Manitou Springs. p. 7. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
This article "Bridge over Fountain Creek (Manitou Avenue)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bridge over Fountain Creek (Manitou Avenue). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.