This article contains paid contributions.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: CMBM|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Rolling Meadows, Illinois,
Area served 🗺️
|Atul Bhatnagar (President and CEO)|
|Revenue🤑||US$267 million (2019)|
Number of employees
Cambium, also known as Cambium Networks, is an American software company that provides wireless technology, including WiFi, Internet of Things, and fixed wireless broadband for enterprises. Publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange, it spun out of Motorola in October 2011. Cambium works with about 10,000 customers and 5,900 channel partners.
In 2011, private-equity firm Vector Capital formed Cambium from the assets of Motorola's Orthogon and Canopy wireless solutions businesses. In 2018, CIO Review named Cambium in its list of 20 Most Promising Wireless Technology Solution Providers. In July 2019, Cambium acquired Xirrus from Riverbed Technology for an undisclosed amount. In June 2019, the company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange in an initial public offering that raised $70 million.
Cambium Networks manufactures point-to-point backhaul, point-to-multipoint communication wide area network (WAN), Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor access, and cloud-based network management systems. In 2020, the company collaborated with Facebook to add add mesh networking technology that allows high-speed internet connections where laying fiber optic cable is not viable.
- "Enabling the digital economy". Reseller magazine. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "Today's Bell Ringer, June 26, 2019". CNBC. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- "Cambium Networks Sees 5G As Main Source Of Future Growth". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- "Cambium Networks: From the Thailand Cave Rescue to Chicago's Latest IPO". American Inno. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Europe's refugee crisis: How one Wi-Fi network is offering a lifeline for Lesbos migrants". ZDNet. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Don't get too excited about Cambium's recent IPO". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Cambium Networks Teams Up With Facebook to Bring the World Gigabit Wireless Connectivity". Inno & Tech Today. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- "Las Telecomunicaciones Que Ayudaron a Rescatar a Los Niños de Tailandia". Network World. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Cambium Networks' IPO: What you need to know". Benzinga. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Motorola Spinoff Files First Local Tech IPO in 5 Years". Chicago Business Journal. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- August 9 (2019-08-09). "Cambium Networks Buys Xirrus Portfolio from Riverbed Technology". Channel Partners. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- "PE-Backed Cambium Networks Files for IPO". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "A wireless broadband solution facilitating extended connectivity". CIO Review. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- "Cambium acquires Xirrus from Riverbed". Channel Vision magazine. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure: Key Takeaways". Solutions Review. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Cambium Networks Incorporates Facebook's Terragraph into its 60 GHz Millimeter Wave Radio". The Fast Mode. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Cambium Networks and Facebook Team Up For the Sake of Smart Cities". Hackernoon. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- Cambium company website
- Business data for Cambium Networks:
- SEC filings
- Cambium Networks CEO on Cheddar TV
Cambium Networks (IPO, mesh networks, tech) additions to make the page encyclopedic.
Resubmit on the back of 267M revenues (cite) and two other, new reliable sources for this public company.
This article "Cambium Networks" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cambium Networks. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.