Campus Outreach is a network of interdenominational Christian organizations, focusing on evangelizing and discipling college students worldwide under the mission statement "Glorifying God by Building Laborers on the Campus for the Lost World."
Campus Outreach is distinguished from similar organizations such as Campus Crusade for Christ in both philosophy (read below) and focus, that the ministry focuses on small to mid-sized campuses where another ministry does not have a presence. However, the ministry has expanded in recent years to such large universities as Indiana University, University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University, the University of North Texas, the University of Georgia, the University of Kentucky, the University of Minnesota, Georgia Tech, and the University of Houston, among others. Also, the ministry takes very seriously the charge from Matthew 9:35-38 to raise up laborers, and not simply believers, by discipling new believers to share their faith with others, as stressed by Dawson Trotman and others.
History[edit | edit source]
Major events in the history of Campus Outreach are:
- Campus Outreach Birmingham founded under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- First campus ministry outside Birmingham begins
- First Collegiate Christmas Conference
- First Summer Training Project
- First Summer Cross Cultural Training Project
- Formation of Campus Outreach Board
- Campus Outreach Augusta franchised to First Presbyterian Church, Augusta, GA
- Campus Outreach Thailand formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Montgomery formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Miami formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Charlotte franchised to Christ Covenant Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, NC
- Campus Outreach Memphis franchised to 2nd Presbyterian Church in Memphis, TN
- Campus Outreach Brazil formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Greenville franchised to Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church, Greenville, SC
- Campus Outreach Gulf Coast franchised to Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church, Fairhope, AL
- Campus Outreach Central Asia formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Atlanta franchised to Perimeter Presbyterian Church, Atlanta, GA
- Campus Outreach Australia formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Outreach Florida formed under Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham, AL
- Combined Franchises Global Christmas Conference in Atlanta, GA
- Campus Outreach Charleston franchised to East Cooper Baptist Church, Charleston, SC
- Campus Outreach Indianapolis formed under CO Memphis and 2nd Presbyterian Church and then franchised to Christ Community Church in 2006.
- Campus Outreach Louisiana formed under CO Gulf Coast and Eastern Shore Presbyterian Church
- Campus Outreach Johannesburg formed under CO Charlotte and Christ Covenant Presbyterian Church, Charlotte, NC
- Campus Outreach Lexington formed under CO Birmingham and Briarwood Presbyterian Church
- Campus Outreach Lynchburg formed under Rivermont Presbyterian Church, Lynchburg, VA.
- Campus Outreach Peoria formed under Grace Presbyterian Church in Peoria, IL.
-Campus Outreach Raleigh expands to Campbell University
-Campus Outreach DC formed under Capitol Hill Baptist Church, Washington, DC.
-Campus Outreach Raleigh expands to Duke University
-Campus Outreach Raleigh expands to East Carolina University
-Campus Outreach Memphis expands to Middle Tennessee State University
-Campus Outreach Minneapolis expands to St Cloud State University
-Campus Outreach Knoxville franchised to Legacy Church in Knoxville, TN.
Franchise[edit | edit source]
Campus Outreach is not a single cohesive organization: Rather, it is a network of organizations that are franchised to local churches in the target area. The organization then effectively becomes the college ministry of that church, with the staff answering both to the Campus Outreach board and the leadership of that church. Campus Outreach is a Non-profit organization in which all the staff members are supported on a monthly contribution from independent financial backers.
|Franchise||Launch Date||Sending Franchise|
|Khon Kaen, Thailand||1990||CO Birmingham|
|Belo Horizonte, Brazil||1996||CO Birmingham|
|Brisbane, Australia||1998||CO Birmingham|
|Daytona, Florida||2000||CO Birmingham|
|Johannesburg, South Africa||2002||CO Charlotte|
|Central Illinois||2007||CO Memphis|
|Dunedin, New Zealand||2008||CO Augusta|
|Washington D.C.||2009||CO Charlotte|
|Dallas / Fort Worth||2012||CO Memphis|
|San Diego||2012||CO Greenville|
|St. Louis||2012||CO Indianapolis|
|Chiang Mai, Thailand||2013||CO Khon Kaen|
|Manila, Philippines||2015||CO Manila|
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Christianity : J. Allen Carnes, Dean Burgon Society, Christianity, General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, Odo Mecdanim, Christian Life College, Persecution of Christians in the modern era
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Reformed University Fellowship
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- The Navigators
- Chi Alpha Campus Ministries
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
This article "Campus Outreach" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Campus Outreach. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.