|Edit this InfoBox|
Moncofar, SpainNovember 22, 1970
Carlos Alós-Ferrer (born November 22, 1970 in Moncofar, Spain) is a Professor of Decision and Neuroeconomic Theory at the University of Zurich and is currently the Editor in Chief of the Journal of Economic Psychology.
He holds a M.Sc. in Mathematics from the University of Valencia (Spain, 1992) and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Alicante (Spain, 1998). He has been Assistant professor at the University of Vienna (Austria, 1997-2002), Associate Professor at the University of Salamanca (Spain, 2002-2004), and Associate Professor at the University of Vienna (2004-2005). He became a Full Professor of Microeconomics at the University of Konstanz (Germany, 2015) and later moved to the University of Cologne (Germany, 2012). In 2018, he joined the University of Zurich as Professor of Decision and Neuroeconomic Theory (endowed by the NOMIS foundation).
Alós-Ferrer has worked extensively in game theory, bounded rationality, social choice, and behavioral economics. From 2012 to 2018, he was speaker of the interdisciplinary Research Unit "Psychoeconomics," which used methods from psychology, economics, and neuroscience to study human decision making, and was funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). Since January 2019, he is the Editor in Chief of the Journal of Economic Psychology. His research interests are Neuroeconomics, Decision Theory, Game Theory, Evolution and Learning in Games and Markets.
- Alós-Ferrer, Carlos (2018). A Review Essay on Social Neuroscience: Can Research on the Social Brain and Economics Inform Each Other?, Journal of Economic Literature, 56 (1), pp. 234-264.
- Alós-Ferrer, Carlos and Klaus Ritzberger (2016). The Theory of Extensive Form Games. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. ISBN 978-3-662-49942-9.
- Achtziger, Anja and Carlos Alós-Ferrer (2014). Fast or Rational? A Response-Times Study of Bayesian Updating, Management Science, 60 (4), pp. 923-938.
- Achtziger, Anja, Carlos Alós-Ferrer, Sabine Hügelschäfer, and Marco Steinhauser (2014). The Neural Basis of Belief Updating and Rational Decision Making, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 9 (1), pp. 55-62.
- Alós-Ferrer, Carlos and Nick Netzer (2010). The Logit-Response Dynamics, Games and Economic Behavior, 68 (2), pp. 413-427.
- "CV Alós-Ferrer" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Short Biography on University of Zurich website". www.econ.uzh.ch/en/people/faculty/alos-ferrer.html. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "Announcements of the Department of Economics, University of Zurich". News and Media 2018. Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Announcement NOMIS foundation". The NOMIS Foundation. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "DFG Announcement of Funded Projects". Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Newsletter IAREP" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Journal of Economic Psychology website". Retrieved 2019-07-09.
This article "Carlos Alós-Ferrer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Carlos Alós-Ferrer. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.