Chinese Democracy Education Foundation
Chinese Democracy Education Foundation (CDEF for abbreviation, 中国民主教育基金会) is a non-profit organization registered in California, USA. It was founded in 1985 by Huang Yuchuan (黄雨川), Guo Taijian (郭台鉴), Yang Yun (杨云), Sun Luzheng (孙鲁正), Liang Dong (梁冬), Jiang Wen (江文), Lin Jianming (林剑明), etc. The headquarter of the foundation is located in San Francisco. It has established prizes to reward the following activities aimed at promoting prosperity and progress of the Chinese society:
- For those who have made outstanding contributions in promoting Chinese democracy and rule of the law, upholding human rights and liberty, i.e. annual Award for Distinguished Democracy Activists, started from 1986. Award winners included people from Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, and Internationals.
- Various educational seminars aimed at promoting Chinese democracy and rule of the law, upholding human rights and liberty.
Award for Distinguished Democracy Activists began from 1986 without interruption.
- 1st (1986): Wei Jingsheng (魏京生)，Liu Binyan (刘宾雁)，Wang Ruoshui (王若水)
- 2nd (1987): Fang Lizhi (方励之)，Fei Xiping (费希平)，Wang Ruowang (王若望)，Martin Lee (李柱铭)
- 3rd (1988): Liu Zaifu (刘再复)，Szeto Wah (司徒华)，Gu Hua (古华)
- 4th (1989): Wang Dan (王丹)，Chai Ling (柴玲)，Wu'erkaixi (吾尔开希)，Kang Ning-hsiang (康宁祥)，John Shum (岑建勋)
- 5th (1990): Wang Juntao (王军涛)，Chai Songlin (柴松林)，Liu Qianshi (刘千石)
- 6th (1991): Harry Wu (吴弘达), Tao Baichuan (陶百川)，United Democrats of Hong Kong (香港民主同盟)
- 7th (1992): Liu Qing (刘青), Chris Patten, New News Weekly《新新闻》周刊, Nancy Pelosi
- 8th (1993): Wang Xizhe (王希哲)，Zhao Shaokang (趙少康)，Emily Lau Wai-hing (刘慧卿)，Raymond Chan (陈卓愉)
- 9th (1994): Ding Zilin (丁子霖)，Bo Yang (柏扬)，Christine Loh (陆恭蕙)，Li Zhisui (李志绥)
- 10th (1995): Xu Liangying (许良英)，Clean Election National Implementation Committee (ROC Taiwan, 干净选举全国推行委员会)，Jimmy Lai (黎智英)， (中国人权(组织))
- 11th (1996): Chen Ziming (陈子明), A. M. Rosenthal, Hu Junren (胡菊人)
- 12th (1997): Fu Hu (胡佛_(台灣）), 14th Dalai Lama (第十四世达赖喇嘛), Liu Nianchun (刘念春)
- 13th (1998): Wang Youcai (王有才), Bao Tong (鲍彤), Lu Siqing (卢四清)
- 14th (1999): Xu Wenli (徐文立), Cheung Man Yee (张敏仪), Tzu Chi (慈济基金会)
- 15th (2000): Carl Gershman, Peng Ming (彭明), Shih Ming-teh (施明德)
- 16th (2001): Jiang Qisheng (江棋生), Xin Haonian (辛灏年), Beijing Spring(《北京之春》杂志)
- 17th (2002): Liu Xiaobo (刘晓波)，Yang Jianli (杨建利)，Fang Jue (方觉)，Barry Chang (张昭富)
- 18th (2003): Jiang Yanyong (蒋彦永)，Du Daobin (杜导斌)，Yu Haocheng (于浩成)，Basic Law Article 23 Concern Group (基本法23条关注组)
- 19th (2004): Yan Jiaqi (严家祺)，Hu Shigen (胡石根)，Chen Guidi (陈桂棣)、Wu Chuntao (吴春桃)
- 20th (2005): Gao Zhisheng (高智晟)，Jiao Guobiao (焦国标)，Three Heros of the Tian'anmen Square in 1989: Yu Zhijian（余志坚)，Yu Dongyue (喻东岳)，Lu Decheng(鲁德成)
- 21st (2006): Gao Yaojie (高耀洁)，Zhang Yihe (章诒和)
- 22nd (2007): Hu Jia (activist) (胡佳 (社会活动家))，Chen Guangcheng (陈光诚)
- 23rd (2008): Charter 08 Signatories (零八宪章签署人群体)
- 24th (2009): Ai Weiwei (艾未未)，He Weifang (贺卫方)，Fujian Three Netizens Case Watch Group (福建三网友案关注团)
- 25th (2010): Teng Biao (滕彪), Jiang Tianyong (江天勇)
- 26th (2011): Wang Bingzhang (dissident) (王炳章), Chen Yizi (陈一咨)
- 27th (2012): Tan Zuoren (谭作人), Zhu Chengzhi (朱承志), Ai Xiaoming (艾晓明)
- 28th (2013): Guo Feixiong (郭飞雄), Ding Jiaxi (丁家喜), Zhao Changqing (赵常青), Wu Renhua (吴仁华)
- 29th (2014): Gao Yu (journalist) (高瑜), Pu Zhiqiang (浦志强)
- 30th (2015): Tang Jinling (唐荆陵)
- 31st (2016): Huang Qi (黄琦), Yang Tianshui (杨天水)
- 32nd (2017): Liu Xianbin (刘贤斌), Qin Yongmin (秦永敏), Chen Xi (陈西), Chen Wei (陈卫), Chen Shuqing (陈树庆), Lü Gengsong (吕耿松), Xie Changfa (谢长发)
- 33rd (2018-2019): Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our time Protestors Group (光复香港，时代革命), June 4th, 1989 Resistance Group (八九六四抗暴团群体)
Memorials and Special Awards
- Thomas Marsh (Special Award on December. 10, 2016): Professor or Art, Sculptor, long-time supporter and volunteer of Chinese Democracy Education Foundation, Author of the Goddess of Democracy statue at Portsmouth Square, San Francisco.
- Ma Liangjun (马良骏), (Special Award on March 15, 2010): Founder of Silicon Valley China Democracy Promotion Association, former Vice President of Chinese Democracy Education Foundation.
- Sun Luzheng (孙鲁正), (Special Award at the 15th Distinguished Democracy Activists Award Ceremony in 2001): Chinese Democracy Education Foundation Award Selection Committee Member.
- Sun Guodong, He Bingzi, husband and wife (孙国栋、何冰姿夫妇): (Special Award at the 17th Distinguished Democracy Activists Award Ceremony on May 31, 2003): Chinese Democracy Education Foundation Award Selection Committee Members.
- Cheng Qilin (成其林): (Special Award at the 17th Distinguished Democracy Activists Award Ceremony on May 31, 2003): Chinese Democracy Education Foundation Award Selection Committee Members.
- Liu Kaishen (刘凯申): Founder of 21st Century China Foundation, former board member of Chinese Democracy Education Foundation.
- Huang Yuchuan (黄雨川): Founder of Chinese Democracy Education Foundation, former President.
- President: Fang Zheng (方政)
- Past Presidents: Huang Yuchuan (黄雨川)、Du Weixin (杜维新)、Chia Yu-Tai (贾育台)、Jiang Henglan (蒋亨兰)、He Hui (何慧)、Lin Muchen (林牧晨)、Zhou Fengsuo (周锋锁).
- Board, responsible for daily operations and raising funds, not voting rights in selecting winners for the annual Award for Distinguished Democracy Activists; Current members: Fang Zheng (方政)、Jiang Henglan (蒋亨兰)、Lin Muchen (林牧晨)、Jiang Bo (江波)、Zhang Zhiqiang (张志强)、Feng Congde (封从德)、He Hui (何慧)、Chia Yu-Tai (贾育台)、Cheng Niyan (成妮燕)、Cheng Jiayan (成佳燕)、Ren Songlin (任松林)、Lin Jinpeng (林劲鹏)、Cheng Qiubo (成秋波)、Li Yatian (李亚恬)、Zheng Yun (郑云)、Zhao Xin (赵昕)、Chen Chuangchuang (陈闯创)、Li Xiangyang (李向阳)、(赵常青).
- Selection Committee: consisting of experts from academia, political arena and media, responsible for selecting winners for the Award for Distinguished Democracy Activists.
This article "Chinese Democracy Education Foundation" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chinese Democracy Education Foundation. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.