Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Chris Oliver (coach)
|Born||May 31, 1973|
|Occupation||Coach, educator, instructor|
|Education||Bachelor of Kinesiology|
|Alma mater||McMaster University|
Chris Oliver (born May 30, 1973 in Kitchener, Ontario) is a Canadian basketball coach and instructor. He currently resides in Palm Desert, California.
Early life and education
He was heavily involved in athletics at Grand River Collegiate Institute. He earned a Bachelor of Kinesiology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, followed by a Bachelor of Education degree from Brock University, in St. Catharines, Ontario. He then completed Master’s in Physical Education and Coaching Studies from the University of Victoria in Victoria, British Columbia. Oliver has also completed the Canadian National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level Four.
He has 23 years of university coaching experience. Oliver was the head coach at the University of Windsor from 2005  to 2019 , where his teams won over 300 games, and compiled a .750 winning percentage. Oliver has also coached a Canadian team of professional players  to the prestigious Jones Cup international basketball tournament championship, winning gold in 2018.  In addition, he has consulted for NBA, NCAA, high school and club basketball organizations around the world.
At Windsor, Coach Oliver's teams captured six OUA West regular season titles, advanced to numerous conference final fours, won a Wilson Cup Ontario Championship, and earned three berths to Canada's Elite Eight National Championships 
Under Coach Oliver’s guidance the Lancers were ranked in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport top 10 for 10 of his 14 seasons, including one stretch of 10 straight seasons. The team has beaten six NCAA Division 1 teams while competing against programs like the University of Kentucky , Ohio State University and Virginia Tech University. A number of his players have gone on to play professional basketball: Lien Phillip, Greg Surmacz, Khaled Abdel Gabar, Alex Campbell, Junior (Rotimi) Osuntola, Ryan Steer, Evan Matthews, Matei Nuna, Josh Collins, Enrico DiLoreto, Marcus Jones, Isaac Kuon, Jahmal McQueen
While at the University of Windsor, Oliver was honored with the Fox 40 OUA Coach of the Year Award, the OUA Men’s Basketball Coach of the Year Award three times  and the Gino Fracas Award as the University of Windsor Coach of the Year.
Coach Oliver is the founder and operator of Basketball Immersion  and the Basketball Podcast with Chris Oliver . Basketball Immersion is a one-stop website dedicated to all aspects of playing and teaching the game of basketball. The Basketball Podcast features coaching conversations with basketball coaches from all levels of coaching.
He is also the founder of COBA Basketball Camps  and a camp director for Breakthrough Basketball . Prior to arriving in Windsor, Chris served as the Head Coach at Queen’s University for three seasons. He was also an assistant coach at McMaster University and the University of Victoria.
Prior to coaching at the university level, Oliver won an OFSAA Provincial Championship at Hamilton St. Mary’s and coached both boys and girls teams at the high school, club, provincial and AAU levels.
He is married to author Jen Oliver, and they have two daughters. His brother, Greg Oliver, is a well-known Canadian sports writer.
- "CHRIS OLIVER NAMED HEAD COACH OF LANCER MEN'S BASKETBALL - Ontario University Athletics (OUA)". www.oua.ca.
- "Oliver steps down as head coach of Lancers men's basketball program | Windsor Star". March 26, 2019.
- "3D Names Head Coach for 40th William Jones Cup". 3D Names Head Coach for 40th William Jones Cup.
- "Back-to-Back Championships". Back-to-Back Championships.
- "Ontario University Athletics (OUA)". www.oua.ca.
- "U Sports Hoops - University Basketball in Canada". usportshoops.ca.
- "Man United's striker search: Sign Cavani or Giroud? Bring back Tevez?". ESPN.com. January 21, 2020.
- "Ontario University Athletics (OUA)". oua.prestosports.com.
- "Home". Basketball Immersion.
- "The Basketball Podcast on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts.
- Oliver, Chris. "COBA Camps". Basketball Immersion.
- "Breakthrough Basketball - Hundreds of FREE Basketball Coaching Drills, Plays, Tips, Offenses, Defenses & Resources". www.breakthroughbasketball.com.
This article "Chris Oliver (coach)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chris Oliver (coach). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.