Compulsion (2016 film)
|Directed by||Craig Goodwill|
|Written by||Brian Clark|
|Music by||Silvio Amato|
Compulsion, also known as Sadie, is a 2016 internationally co-produced erotic thriller film directed by Craig Goodwill. It stars Analeigh Tipton, Jakob Cedergren and Marta Gastini. It premiered at the Torino Film Festival in November 2016.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Sadie Glass (Tipton) is on a book tour with her boyfriend, Thierry (Merlet). She is promoting her book that details her chaotic relationship with Alex (Cedergren), which is implied to have been sexual and violent. At an event in Italy, Alex shows up and invites Sadie to spend the weekend with him instead of meeting Thierry's family in Paris.
Disenchanted with her current relationship, she agrees to meet Alex at a club. There, they meet Francesca (Gastini), who performs an erotic dance. Sadie agrees to join Alex only if Francesca joins them.
At the villa, Sadie and Francesca drink and take drugs and begin a sexual relationship while Alex prepares for a party. At the party, many guests arrive, take drugs, and have sex with one another. Sadie walks into a room where a woman's throat is slit and she is lifted into the air by her arms.
Sadie awakens with a start, questioning whether what she saw was real. She confronts Alex, who blames her for not knowing what she was getting herself into.
Sadie leaves the villa and tries to leave town. She asks a man in a car to drive her away, but the man attacks and drugs her, returning her to the villa. When she wakes up, Alex cleans her up and tells her it was just a game.
That night, before another party, Thierry shows up and tells Sadie that he loves her. Sadie rebuffs him and searches for Alex. She tells Alex that Thierry doesn't belong here, and that if he lets Thierry go, she will do what he wants.
Francesca gives Sadie more drugs, but while she isn't looking, Sadie spits them out. Alex escorts Sadie to a room full of people surrounding Thierry, who is tied up in the same way the woman was the previous night. Francesca, dressed as an executioner, gives Sadie a knife. Sadie approaches Thierry and cuts him lightly on the back while the rest of the crowd begins to kiss and fondle each other. As Sadie moves to cut Thierry's bonds, Alex attempts to stop her but she stabs him in the stomach. Furious, Francesca slits Thierry's throat and Francesca runs away.
Some time later, in New York City, Sadie is at a restaurant still promoting her book. She sees Francesca in the crowd and they speak afterwards, Francesca implying that Sadie will soon return to the violent and sex-filled world she's trying to run away from. Outside, as Sadie is being photographed, she sees Francesca enter a car and sit next to a man who appears to be Alex.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Analeigh Tipton as Sadie Glass
- Marta Gastini as Francesca
- Jakob Cedergren as Alex
- Jan Bijvoet as Minos
- Anita Kravos as Thelma
- Valentin Merlet as Thierry
Production[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Pontiggia, Federico (19 November 2016). "Sadie". Cinematografo (in italiano). Fondazione ente dello spettacolo. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Pasquini, Mattia (16 November 2016). "Al 34° Torino Film Festival l erotismo di Sadie con Marta Gastini e Analeigh Tipton". Film.it (in italiano). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Sterrantino, Giulia (26 November 2016). ""Sadie" di Craig Goodwill". NonSoloCinema (in italiano). Cineforum Italiano. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Catucci, Alice (20 November 2016). "#TFF34 – Incontro con Craig Goodwill e il cast di Sadie". Sentieri selvaggi (in italiano). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Paiano, Marco (19 November 2016). "TFF34 – Sadie: recensione del film di Craig Goodwill". Cinematographe (in italiano). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Minniti, Marco (22 November 2016). "Sadie by Craig Goodwill". Quinlan (in italiano). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Miska, Brad (6 February 2018). "'Compulsion' Trailer Uncovers An Italian Psycho-sexual Cult! [Exclusive]". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Crivelli, Sabrina (12 February 2018). "Recensione | Compulsion di Craig Goodwill". Il Cineocchio (in italiano). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Busch, Anita (1 September 2015). "Analeigh Tipton To Star In Thriller 'Sadie'". Deadline. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- Evry, Max (2 September 2018). "Analeigh Tipton Will Star in the Psychological Thriller Sadie". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Compulsion (2016 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Compulsion (2016 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.