Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Corazon (2018 film)
|This article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Corazón is a 2018 medical drama film, presented by Montefiore Health Systems, with its premiere in the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival. Directed by John Hillcoat and written by Kelley Sane, the film follows the life experiences of Elena Ramirez (played by Ana de Armas, a sex worker in Santo Domingo, who learns of her life threatening heart condition giving her months to live, and documents her travels to the United States for life-saving treatment. 
This film follows the life experiences of a young Dominican woman in Santo Domingo, Elena Ramirez, who works as a street prostitute to help financially provide for her family daily. As her condition deteriorates further, Elena discovers she has a defective heart – the reason for her shortness of breath, and she is given months to live, unless she receives a heart transplant.
One night, after being left for dead from fainting (from her ailing condition), Elena encounters a United States based cardiologist, Dr. Mario Garcia (played by Demian Bechir), who volunteers in his native hometown of Santo Domingo at the time. Due to her ailing condition, Elena is past the point of recovering from conventional medicine alone in Dominica; Dr. Garcia, however, offers her a second chance to live by installing a mechanical heart via surgery – albeit a surgical operation that he and his colleagues are only able to perform in The Bronx, New York. This sets off Elena’s struggles through her journey from Santo Domingo to New York City, through to the operating table.
The film premiered at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival, commencing April 20th.  As this film also references heart transplantation, Montefiore Health Systems partnered with Donate Life America to encourage viewers viewing the film in New York to register for organ donation. An additional campaign also was developed, where New Yorkers submit their heartbeats (by recording them with the smartphone’s accelerometer) online as a symbol of registration. During the campaign run in late-April during screenings of the film at the film festival, an interactive billboard in Times Square ran in tandem, featuring the character Elena, coming alive with each phone heartbeat submission.
The reasons for the campaign being film-based were explained by Donate Life America President and CEO David Fleming. “Corazón brings to light the experience that sadly thousands of families face,” he explains. “The journey to a new heart as well as other organs; Elena, like all mechanical heart recipients still needs a heart donation.”
The film and integrated campaign won a Cannes Lions 2018 Grand Prix Award in the Health and Wellness category.
- Agency: JohnXHannes
- Director: John Hillcoat
- Director of Photography: Bradford Young
- Editor: Conor O’Neill
- Executive Producers: Hannes Ciatti, John McKelvey, Matt Bonin, Jeffrey Short, Dan Kroeger, Pierre Janneau
- Cast: Demian Bichir, Ana de Armas
- Producer: Violaine Etienne
- Line Producer/Unit Production Manager: Ann Ruark
- Screenwriter: Kelley Sane
- Original Music: Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, Claudia Sarne
- Music House: Walker
- Corazón film, official page. Available at https://www.corazonfilm.com/home
- IMDB - Corazón (2018). Available at https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8356008/
- Muse by Clio, July 6th, 2018. Inside the 48-Minute Film From Tribeca That's an Organ Donor PSA in Disguise. Available at https://musebycl.io/health/inside-48-minute-film-tribeca-thats-organ-donor-psa-disguise
- Vanity Fair, April 19th, 2018. Demian Bichir and Ana de Armas Star in a Moving Medical Drama, available at https://www.vanityfair.com/branded/article/vfr/demian-bichir-and-ana-de-armas-star-in-a-moving-medical-drama
- PSFK, May 21st, 2018. Bio-Triggered Ad Campaign Is Activated By The Viewer's Heartbeat. Available at https://www.psfk.com/2018/05/campaign-corazon-movie-heart.html
- BrandChannel, June 19th, 2018. Cannes Lions: A Bold Choice for Health & Wellness Grand Prix. Available at: https://www.brandchannel.com/2018/06/19/cannes_lions_health_wellness_2018_montefiore_corazon/
- Tribeca Film Festival, Corazón. Available at https://www.tribecafilm.com/corazon
Request for review of Corazon (2018 film) article
This article "Corazon (2018 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Corazon (2018 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.