Craig C. Darian
Craig C. Darian is an American executive, producer, and entrepreneur in the entertainment industry. He has been an international distributor, theater/company owner, talent manager, and producer of television and feature film productions. (1)
Darian began his career in the entertainment industry at the age of 19. His first job was at Consolidated Film Industries in 1974, where he took the role of a lab technician and continued as a studio projectionist for six years working with studios including MGM,20th Century Fox, and Warner Bros.
In 1980 he became Vice President of Ryder Sound Services. In 1984, at the age of 29, he became the President & CEO of the industry’s largest post-production studio – Glen Glenn Sound, a division of the publicly-traded conglomerate Republic Corporation (NYSE). (3) (4).
In 1990, Darian partnered with Gary Winnick of Pacific Capital and Stanley Tulchin of Reprise Capital in Matrix Studios, where Darian served as President & CEO.
In 1996, Darian founded ChinaAmerica Film Distributor and Cinema 1 Theater Group, a Hong Kong-based partnership with principals of Evergreen Group. He served as Co-Chairman & Managing Partner. With multiple multiplex theaters throughout Vietnam, ChinaAmerica released over 100 major U.S titles in various parts of Southeast Asia including Spiderman, Pirates of the Caribbean, King Kong, Mission Impossible, Pearl Harbor, Hulk, Jurassic Park III, Tomb Raider, Gladiator, The Mummy, Shakespeare In Love, Meet The Parents, and Alexander. (5) (18) (19)
Under DMG Holdings, Inc. and Darian Management Group, LLC, in which he has been Chairman & CEO, Darian has represented and managed clients such as Paramount Studios, Lucasfilm, Ramsey Shilling, Westar Capital, Jermaine Jackson,Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, and the Omni Hotel. (4)
Since 1988, as Co-Chairman & CEO of Tricor Entertainment, Inc., Darian and his producing partner Howard Kazanjian (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Return of the Jedi, Demolition Man,The Rookie) have produced films starring the following actors: Robert DeNiro, Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin, Kathy Bates, F. Murray Abraham, Mark Harmon, Mercedes Ruehl, Lee Grant, Cloris Leachman, Martin Landau, and Rita Moreno. (6) (17) (19)
Since 2004, Darian has been Co-Chairman & CEO of Occidental Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. He co-owns the company along with his business partner Albert Sweet. (7) The company owns and operates office buildings and commercial properties. Among its five divisions, Occidental Studios operates a dozen sound stages and is one of the oldest operating studios in Hollywood having serviced studio and network productions alike, and was used by filmmakers including D.W. Griffith and Mary Pickford. (8) (9) (16)
Memberships and Awards
He has served on the Board of Directors and/or Board of Trustees for several Civic & Philanthropic organizations including:
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors and Chairman of the Management Committee
- Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, President of the Board and Co-Chairman of the Veterans In The Arts Committee
- Hollywood Entertainment Sports Association, Co-Founder & Commissioner
- Republic Corporation Credit Union, Board of Trustees
- St. Anne’s, Board of Directors, Leadership Committee
- Technion University, Board of Directors (Western Region)
- Darian has Emmy Citations as Sound Director of shows such as Moonlighting, Knot’s Landing, Cheers, Cagney & Lacy, Hill Street Blues, The A-Team, and the National Geographic Special – Dive to the Edge of Creation.
- In June 2013, Darian was honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce as a Hero of Hollywood along with screen legend, Debbie Reynolds. (13) (14)
- In May 2014, Darian was honored with the Courageous Leadership Award by Women Against Gun Violence at its 20th Anniversary Celebration. (12)
- In October 2017, Darian was honored with the Community Hero Award from New Directions For Veterans (NDVets) at its 25th Anniversary Gala. (10) (11)
Darian married his wife Kimberly in 1975. They have three adult children and four grandchildren. They currently reside in Southern California. (1)
2. Richard Skipper Celebrities
3. The Deal Maker & The Film Maker
5. BUSINESS A big-screen venture into Vietnam
6. Solar Studios and Tricor Entertainment Form Alliance
7. Craig Darian, Co-Chairman & CEO of Occidental Entertainment Group Holdings
8. Hollywood's oldest studios gives birth to a new soundstage
9. Wall Street Journal
11. PR Newswire
13. Hollywood Chamber
14. Broadway World
15. Epoch Times
16. Creative Handbook
Craig C. Darian
This article "Craig C. Darian" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Craig C. Darian. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.