Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
Cristian Todié, born on 19 April 1954 in the city of Constanța, is a Romanian painter sculptor and inventor currently living in Paris. He is the initiator of theoretical art and the creator-inventor of the Todiebook, a circular spatial book.. He is the grandson of Romanian writer Eugen Todié.
Cristian Todié began learning drawing and oil painting at the age of six within the family. At the age of fourteen he attended the high school of plastic arts in Constanza where he created a series of busts. Geometry quickly became a center of interest, he created his first geometric works and developed his own theorems.
In 1970, he exhibited for the first time at the gallery of the House of Culture in Constanza.
In 1971, he was arrested by the Securitate on his first attempt to cross the border. Tried by the Bucharest territorial military court, he was incarcerated for a year as a political prisoner at the Vacaresti Prison. Deprived of space, matter and freedom, his mind escapes into a Cartesian thought and gives rise to the first works of his theoretical art consisting of cerebral projections of geometric places.
In 1972, after being released he continued his theoretical studies  where geometry remained the most important subject.
In 1975, he managed to cross the border illegally and escaped from the Socialist Republic of Romania. He arrived at Campo Profughi di Padriciano in Italy. He then settled in Paris , France, where he was granted political asylum by the French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons, and worked in a printing shop to support himself materially and to be able to obtain the materials for his works and artistic experiments.
In 1977, he worked in Goteborg as a copyist, and at the same time developed the first drafts of his theoretical art manifesto.
In 1979, he returned to Paris. After several years of technical apprenticeships, studies of art history and experimentation, he published his manifesto of theoretical art in 1989 on the occasion of the Foire Internationale d'Art Contemporain in Paris at the Grand Palais.
In 1996, Cristian Todié resumed his geometric work with, in particular, Volume 2D and the space-time fracture, and began to use pre-printed blocks of paper that he carves such as a wooden block.
In 2003, he obtained his first patent involving the industrial potential of his 2D volume art work.
In 2016, he created the potential reality of the casino of Constanza.
In April 2018, he founded the Todié Foundation 
- Brut de fonderie, bronze, 1980
- Nijinsky, Tondo, oil on canvas, 1987
- Rubens, oil on canvas, 1989
- Geometric Aura of the Abduction of the Sabine Women (Peter Paul Rubens), mixed media, 1990
- Deformed Violin, bronze, 1990
- La Chûte d'Icare, bronze, 1990
- Equestrian Levitation, bronze, 1992
- Silver Snail Jewelry Tree with Tahitian Beads, bronze, 2008
- Dynamique de l'envol, painted steel, 2009
- Yellow Torus, painted steel, 2009
- Retro, 2009, painted steel
- Non-Euclidean geometric construction, 2012, painted metal
Theories and Theorems, Paris, France, 1979
Logic'art, Galerie La Tricorne, France, April 1986
Perspective, La Tricorne Gallery, September 1986
Primaires ou déformations mathématiques, La Tricorne Gallery, November 1986
Le Monde concavexe, Orly Art Gallery, December 1986
Five artists in 88, Galerie des Beaux-Arts, Bordeaux, February 1988
Projections and engravings on ektachromes, Espace Gran Dia, April 1988
Bonne année Monsieur Todié, bâches et construction géométriques, Espace Gran Dia, December 1988
Performance at the Roques print shop, December 1999
Performance Purchase at the contemporary art fair Auteuil 2000, 2001
Performance Fractured Time-Space, Liverpool Biennial, October 2012
Fractured Time-Space performance at the Artmark company's premises in Bucharest, January 19, 2013
- Christian Todié, artiste inventeur à la maison des arts, La Montagne, 5/8/2018
- "Cazinoul poate fi salvat! Proiectul genial al unui constănțean fugit în Franța". CugetLiber.ro. March 22, 2017.
- "Cristian Todie expune la Constanța "A TREIA CARTE ÎN ISTORIA LUMII", cartea circulară". April 16, 2018.
- "Artistul Cristian Todie prezinta la Constanta, "Cartea Obiect"". InfoPress.Tv Romania (in română). 2016-12-12. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- Todie, Cristian (2003-09-17). "Method for Producing Images in the Edge of a Volume of Paper Sheets". Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Method for creating designs and raised patterns on the folds, recessed portions, and edge surfaces of objects consisting of sheets". 2013-02-19. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Exhibition - Christian Todie, artiste-inventeur à la Maison des arts". www.lamontagne.fr. 8 May 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Book fair: The Todiebook, the Third Book of Humanity". parismatch.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Cristian Todie "Fractured Time-Space" @ Artmark Bucharest | Nasui Gallery". Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "'Cazinoul va fi îmbrăcat într-o operă de artă din schele!'". CugetLiber.ro. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Fundația Todie își deschide porțile în acest weekend în Constanța" (in română). 2018-03-30. Event occurs at ZIUA de Constanta. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Sculpture by Cristian Todié". 1stdibs.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Cristian TODIE Nijinsky Tondo, Oil on canvas signed on the back dated&he". www.lebrech-associes.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "RUBENS by CristianTodié". www.artnet.fr. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Todie Cristian | Der Raub der Sabinerinnen (nach Peter Paul Rubens) | MutualArt". www.mutualart.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Deformed Violin by CristianTodié". www.artnet.fr. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "LA CHUTE DICARE by CristianTodié". www.artnet.fr. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Auction Christian TODIE, born 1954 Cast rough with ch..." www.drouot.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "CRISTIAN TODIÉ (Romanian, b. 1954) A Silver Snail". CRISTIAN TODIÉ (Romanian, b. 1954) A Silver Snail - Results. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Cristian Todie |} Yellow Torus (2009) | Available for Sale | Artsy". www.artsy.net. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Cristian Todie | Retro (2009) | Artsy". www.artsy.net. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Todie Cristian | Non-Euclidean geometric construction | MutualArt". www.mutualart.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Prices and estimates of works Cristian Todie". www.arcadja.com. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "LA TRICORNE marque de TODIÉ CHRISTIAN, sur MARQUES.EXPERT". MARQUES.EXPERT. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
Other articles of the topic arts : Mr Doodle, Art Thinking
Other articles of the topic contemporary art : Pierre Vasarely, Mimosa Echard, Christian Dugardeyn
Other articles of the topic Romania : Felix Noa, Socola hospital fire, Fărcădin River, Valea Făgetului River (Misir), History of Wallachia, Cobrex Trans, 2021 Onești stabbing
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Cristian Todié" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cristian Todié. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.