Danièle Kapel-Marcovici in 2009
|Born||14th July, 1946|
Businesswomen, President and CEO of The RAJA Group
💵 Salary :
|Notable work||RAJA Foundation, RAJA collection (also known as RAJA Art)|
|🏅 Awards||Knight of the Legion of Honour|
Danièle Kapel-Marcovici (born in France, 14th July 1946) is a business woman and entrepreneur, art collector, environmental activist and advocate for women’s rights. She is President and CEO of the packaging distributor the RAJA Group, she campaigns for the emancipation of women and for environmental sustainability and agriculture, and founded the RAJA-Danièle Marcovici Foundation which she is also President of,  she co-founded the Villa Datris Foundation of contemporary sculptures, and curates various arts, paintings and designs.
In 1954, two friends called Rachel Marcovici (Danièle Kapel-Marcovici’s mother) and Janine Rocher, set up a small company in France called “Les Cartons Raja” (Cartons RAJA) selling used cardboard boxes. The name of the company, RAJA, represents the two women and originates from the first two letters of their names. Together they identified a new business opportunity to sell used cardboard boxes, as purchasing brand new boxes was expensive particularly for businesses buying in bulk, but selling second hand boxes on the market made it affordable.
Danièle's mother, Rachel Marcovici, sold the products and worked with suppliers, whilst Janine Rocher processed the orders and dispatched the goods to customers. Orders increased and business grew, and the range of products expanded to also include new boxes, paper packaging and corrugated board. By the end of the 1950s, turnover had reach 1 million French francs and the company employed 10 people.
In 1962 at the age of 16, Danièle Kapel-Marcovici began her career and joined the family business, “Les Cartons Raja”, where she worked in the Sales Department for nearly ten years. She learnt on the job and gained business and industry experience, she demonstrated commercial skills and quickly moved up within the company to more senior positions. During this period the company evolved to be known as RAJA. In 1976 she developed customer ordering and introduced mail ordering to the company, the first edition of the RAJA catalogue was launched which contained 365 packaging products, and in 1982, at the age of 36 she succeeded her mother and became Managing Director of RAJA.
RAJA, and the RAJA Group is owned by Danièle Kapel-Marcovici and her family.
Despite being the owner of RAJA and the Group, Kapel-Marcovici is very involved with the day-to-day management of the business and has strong beliefs that the company is run on personal values.
During the 1980s RAJA traded successfully within France, and Kapel-Marcovici identified new opportunities outside the French market. In 1994, RAJA acquired Binpac in Belgium and later Rajapack, formerly known as Aid Pack in the UK (1998).
Kapel-Marcovici had further plans to expand the business, in 1995, RAJA purchased a site in North Paris, Roissy, France, and this was to become the RAJA European headquarters and the main distribution centre for the Group.
Over the following years she created further RAJA sites by setting up and acquiring businesses in Europe; Netherlands (1997), Germany (1999), acquired Welcome Office based in France (2000), Spain (2003), Austria (2004), the Czech Republic (2007), acquired L’EQUPIER based in France (2007), Switzerland (2008), Norway (2010), acquired cenpac based in France (2010),  Poland (2010), Denmark (2011) and Sweden (2012). RAJA rapidly became recognised within the packaging industry and as a European business, most recently with the acquisitions of Morplan based in the UK (2015),  Italy, Slovakia and Portugal (2016) acquiring Welco based in the UK (2017), and UDOBÄR based in Germany (2017). In 2017 the RAJA Group reached a turnover of €561m. 
In 2001, to support the mail ordering side of the business RAJA launched its first ecommerce website.
The international acquisitions outside France between 2007-2015 gave the family owned company a strong industry presence across Europe, comfortably establishing their position within the packaging distribution sector and is known to be the European no.1 for packaging supplies.
Since 2017, the RAJA Group has 22 sites and 11 warehouses across 18 European countries.
The RAJA Foundation
She campaigns for women's rights and equalityand in 2006, Danièle Kapel-Marcovici invested 4 million euros and founded the RAJA Foundation under the auspices of the Foundation de France. The foundation supports women around the world by funding projects in four key areas: solidarity, training, education and health. 
The foundation has three values:
- Women’s rights and the fight against violence - Supporting women that face injustice and/or violence and abuse.
- Health and social care - Support women with illnesses, diseases, and inequality.
- Education and employment - Help provide employment opportunities; professional skills and job security.
In 2013 the Foundation launched the “The RAJA Foundation Women’s Awards”, this award is presented each year to reward outstanding charities in three categories:
- Education and Culture: Educating women and social integration of women from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Women’s rights and the fight against violence: Stand for women’s rights and prevent sexual discrimination.
- Social entrepreneurship and professional training: Promote and provide social skills, professional development, workplace skills and financial advice.
In 2016, a special ceremony was held to mark the 10 year anniversary of the RAJA Foundation and €80,000 was donated to a number of charities.
In 2016, for International Women's Day she supported the "WE ARE WOMEN" campaign to help empower women alongside 9 French corporate foundations; Elle foundation, Air France Foundation, Chanel Corporate Foundation , Orange S.A. Foundation, Sanofi Espoir Foundation, SISLEY-D’Ornano Foundation and Solidarity AccorHotels.
La Villa Datris
In 2010, with her late partner Tristan Fourtine, they created an endowment fund for contemporary sculptures, and in 2011 La Villa Datris Pour La Sculpture Contemporaine opened its doors to the public.  
La Villa Datris Foundation is located in France, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, in the Vaucluse, and is the venue for a permanent collection of contemporary art, exhibition and holds events. The art collection exhibited is housed in a nineteenth-century provençal building and garden, the scenic land is purposeful and is intended to help provide artists an inspirational setting for their works of expression. Both young emerging talents and internationally recognised artists and sculptors exhibit, it is open to the public and is free of charge to enter.
Kapel-Marcovici has a passion for contemporary art and supports various art projects and is a private art collector. She encourages creative talent and supports diversity by purchasing original works of art using packaging materials as a common medium.
Today, the RAJA Art Collection (also known as RAJA Art) contains more than one hundred works of contemporary art, mainly sculptures, paintings, engravings and collages, and it continues to grow. The collection of art is displayed throughout the company's European headquarters (France) and La Villa Datris, and represents her values and the RAJA Group’s; creativity, imagination and modernism.
On 25th of January 2017, RAJA Art received the cultural philanthropy prize "A project, a patron" in the "Visual Arts" category, presented by Audrey Azoulay, the Minister of Culture of France.
In August 2017, Rajapack commissioned James lake, a sculptor to combine RAJA values of environmental protection and expressive art into a 3D representation called The Art of Recycling for the 2017 Earth Overshoot Day.  The campaign highlights the rate humanity is consuming the earth's resources, and this date is getting early every year. This sculpture is on display at the Rajapack UK office.
Her interest in art extends to the history of cinematheques, she supported the 2K digital restoration of the French film One Sings, the Other Doesn't, from the 1972 original negative, this was screened by the Cannes Film Festival at the Cannes Classics 2018 festival. 
In July 2009, Danièle Kapel-Marcovici was appointed chevalier de la Légion d'honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour) by the 'Ministry of the Economy, Industry and Employment'.  An honorary civil and military order of merit award in France presented by the institution of the National Order of the Legion of Honour.
Since 2009 a French magazine called “Challenges” placed her in its ranking of "500 greatest fortunes in France".  In the same year “Le Journal du Net” ranked her in their list of "20 richest women in France". 
In September 2016, she entered Office Products International, Top 100 as a leading global business influencer. 
- Danièle Kapel-Marcovici biography, French Wikipedia.
- "Danièle Kapel-Marcovici, femme d'affaire et de combats" (Interview). Marie Claire (in French). December 18, 2018. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "Créée Par Deux Femmes En 1954, Comment RAJA Est Devenue Une ETI et Une Fondation". Forbes (in French). February 26, 2018. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "«Je voulais construire un groupe européen» : le pari gagné de la PDG de Raja". Le Parisien (in French). March 12, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "A success story for women". Entreprendre (in French). November 2, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Danièle Kapel-Marcovici, PDG de Raja : "Propriétaire, j'incarne les valeurs de mon entreprise"" (Interview). Les Echos (in French). March 28, 2013. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "Raja acquiert l'Equipier". e-marketing (in French). January 30, 2007. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "RAJA Group Keeps Growth". Horizon Business Coaching. February 26, 2018. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "RAJA Group buys distance selling company Morplan". Packaging News. April 20, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Raja acquiert l'allemand Bär et se renforce en France". Usine nouvelle (in French). September 22, 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Raja Group: 12% growth in turnover". European Promotional Products Industry. August 15, 2018. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Succès européen pour l'entreprise familiale française Raja". Manageo (in French). May 27, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "S'engager pour les femmes, le combat de Danièle Kapel-Marcovici". 28/01. January 28, 2017. BFMBusiness.com (in French). Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Les actions de mécénat de la Fondation RAJA-Danièle Marcovici". 28/01. January 28, 2017. BFMBusiness.com (in French). Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Une remise de Prix des Fondation RAJA Women's Awards « spéciale 10 ans »". Fondation De France (in French). 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "«WE ARE WOMEN" (Press release). AccorHotels. February 2, 2016. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "These 9 Foundations Are Teaming Up to Empower Women in Honor of International Women's Day". In Style. March 5, 2016. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Danièle Kapel-Marcovici, Les 3 Dimensions De La Collection" (PDF). art absolument (in French). January 1, 2017: 102 volume 75. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "art absolument Volume 75". Groupe Fnac Darty. (in French). January 1, 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "LA FONDATION VILLA DATRIS CONTINUE DE TISSER DES LIENS VERTUEUX". Mowwgli (in French). May 23, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- https://www.provenceguide.co.uk/cultural-heritage/sorgues-area/villa-datris-foundation/provence-4611270-1.html, Provence Guide, Retrieved 2018
- "Le textile entre en résistance à la Fondation Villa Datris". Connaissance Des Arts (in French). June 6, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "This Foundation is Empowering Contemporary Sculpture in the Heart of Provence". Culture Trip. July 20, 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Tissage / Tressage… quand la sculpture défile à la Villa Datris – L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue". En Revenant De l'expo (in French). May 15, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "ROUP SHOW: SHEILA HICKS IN 'TISSAGE, TRESSAGE...QUAND LA SCULPTURE DÉFILE', FONDATION VILLA DATRIS, L'ISLE-SUR-LA-SORGUE, FRANCE". Alison Jacques Gallery. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Berndnaut Smilde". Ronchini Gallery. May 15, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Alice Anderson". Alice Anderson Studio (in French). Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "MINI AGUA". Milene Guermont. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "MAD4 Art is multiplying" (PDF) (Press release). Multiple Art Days. May 27, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Re-enchanting the world" (PDF) (Press release). Cité de l’architecture & du patrimoine (in French). April 24, 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "ARCHI-SCULPTURE, interferences between architecture and sculpture at Villa Datris". Bigmat International Architecture Agenda. June 12, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Rajapack raises eco-awareness with James Lake cardboard art". Packaging News. January 23, 2018. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Cannes Classics 2018". Cannes Film Festival. April 24, 2018. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Légion d'honneur : promotion du 14 juillet (I)". Le Figaro Magazine. July 15, 2009. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "THE 500 BIGGEST FORTUNES OF FRANCE 2018". Challenges (in French). July 5, 2018. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "N°14 : Danièle Marcovici-Kapel, 170 millions d'euros". Journal Dunet (in French). January 14, 2009. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- "Danièle Kapel-Marcovici". Office Products International. June 8, 2018. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani%C3%A8le_Kapel-Marcovici Danièle Kapel-Marcovici, Article from French Wikipedia, Retrieved 13th September 2018
This article "Danièle Kapel-Marcovici" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Danièle Kapel-Marcovici. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.