Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station
|Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station|
|Official name||Daram Khola-A Hydropower Project|
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Owner(s)||Sayapatri Hydropower Pvt. Ltd.|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Gravity|
|Commission date||2073-03-12 BS|
|Installed capacity||2.5 MW|
Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station (Nepali: दरम खोला A जलविद्युत आयोजना) is a run-of-the-river hydroelectricity plant located in Baglung District of Nepal. The flow from Daram River is used to generate 2.5 MW electricity.
Location and hydrology
The Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station is on the Daram Khola (Daram River). The catchment area of the intake is 84 square kilometres (32 sq mi). The design discharge is 3.6 cubic metres per second (130 cu ft/s) with a maximum net head of 83.33 metres (273.4 ft). Two other projects on the river were under construction in 2020, the 3 MW mid-Daram A and 4.5 MW mid-Daram B.
The weir of the hydroelectric project is in the Hila and Argal village development committees of the Baglung District. The powerhouse is in Argal VDC on the left bank of the Daram Khola. It can be reached from Baglung Bazar by a 35 kilometres (22 mi) road, of which 20 kilometres (12 mi) is gravel and the rest dirt.
Headworks structures include a weir across the river, intake, desander, gravel trap, surge tank/forebay and spill-way. From the headworks a 1,768 metres (5,801 ft) penstock pipe with diameter 1.4 metres (4 ft 7 in) carries water to the powerhouse.. The surface powerhouse has two horizontal Francis turbines with rated discharge of 1.3 cubic metres per second (46 cu ft/s) feeding synchronous 3-phase generators with rated output of 1350 KW each.
Design of the project was undertaken by Innovative Engineering Services (IES) of Nepal under contract to Dhaulagiri Civil Electrical Mechanical Engineering. The Initial Environmental Examination report for the project was submitted for approval to the Department of Electricity Development on 23 February 2012. In December 2012 it was reported that construction had begun and was expected to cost Rs. 460 million and to take two years. Commercial production of electricity began on 26 May 2016.
The plant is owned and developed by Sayapatri Hydropower Pvt. Ltd., an Independent Power Producer of Nepal. The plant started generating electricity from 2073-03-12BS. The generation licence will expire in 2105-02-01 BS, after which the plant will be handed over to the government. The power station is connected to the national grid and the electricity is sold to Nepal Electricity Authority.
Other articles of the topics Nepal AND Water : Kabeli B1 Hydropower Station, Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station, Daraudi A Hydropower Plant, Lower Hewa Hydropower Station, Puwa Khola-1 Hydropower Station, Sardi Khola Hydropower Station, Upper Puwa-1 Hydropower Station
Other articles of the topics Water AND Renewable energy : Upper Mai-C Hydropower Station, Daraudi A Hydropower Plant, Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station, Kabeli B1 Hydropower Station, Puwa Khola-1 Hydropower Station, Vishnuprayag Dam, Sardi Khola Hydropower Station
Other articles of the topics Nepal AND Renewable energy : Lower Hewa Hydropower Station, Kabeli B1 Hydropower Station, Upper Puwa-1 Hydropower Station, Sardi Khola Hydropower Station, Upper Mai-C Hydropower Station, Daraudi A Hydropower Plant, Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station
Other articles of the topic Nepal : Upper Mai-C Hydropower Station, Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station, Rajeev Jha, Jhapa District, Nepal, The Himalayan Times, Parbati Rai
Other articles of the topic Water : Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station, PCDitch, Upper Puwa-1 Hydropower Station, Kabeli B1 Hydropower Station, Sardi Khola Hydropower Station, Nenskra hydro power plant, Upper Mai-C Hydropower Station
Other articles of the topic Renewable energy : Puwa Khola-1 Hydropower Station, Daraudi A Hydropower Plant, China Windpower Group, Golden Valley Wind Energy Facility, Upper Mai-C Hydropower Station, Chhandi Khola Hydropower Station, Sardi Khola Hydropower Station
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of power stations in Nepal
- Daram khola A Hydroelectric Project – NWRP.
- Tara Khola Decoming The 'Hub' Of Hydropower.
- Design of Madhya Daram Khola A ... IES.
- Submission of Daram Khola IEE report.
- Construction of Daramkhola hydroelectricity ... NEF.
- "दरमखोलाबाट विद्युत उत्पादन सुरु Bizshala". Bizshala.com. 2016-07-01. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "Operating Projects- Hydro (Above 1MW)".
- Annual Report 2019/2037. Nepal Electricity Authority. Search this book on
- "Construction of Daramkhola hydroelectricity project begins", Nepal Energy Forum, 2012-12-18, retrieved 2020-11-30
- "Daram khola A Hydroelectric Project", NWRP Nepal Water Resource Portal, retrieved 2020-12-07
- Design of Madhya Daram Khola A Small Hydropower Project (3.0 MW), Innovative Engineering Services (IES), retrieved 2020-12-07
- Submission of Daram Khola IEE report, Environmental Services Nepal, 30 July 2020, retrieved 2020-12-07
- "Tara Khola Decoming The 'Hub' Of Hydropower", Investopaper, 5 November 2020, retrieved 2020-12-07
- "दरम खोलामा १७ मेगावाटका ३ जलविद्युत आयोजना निर्माणाधीन (Three 17 MW hydropower projects under construction on Daram River)", UrjaKhabar, 2020-02-05, retrieved 2020-12-07
|This article about a hydroelectric power plant is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Daram Khola-A Hydropower Station. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.