David Dowsey (born 10 November 1970 in Melbourne, Australia) is an Australian author and journalist. He has written several books and contributed to numerous magazines, websites and international journals, mostly in the areas of motoring and motorsport, and gentlemen's clothing.
David Dowsey studied at the Victorian College of the Arts and the University of Melbourne, and initially came from a classical music background. He later worked at Australian Consolidated Press between 2004 and 2008 on the motoring title, Unique Cars, before moving into a marketing and management role at the Victorian Automotive Chamber of Commerce (VACC). He has written numerous books, mostly on luxury topics, such as motoring, motorsport and bespoke tailoring. As a journalist and is the editor of Australian Automotive. He was a founding Advisory Board member for Motorclassica, Australia's International Concours d'Elegance from 2009 and also sat on the organising committee for the Australian Motoring Festival, a joint venture between VACC and the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria in 2014/15.
David Dowsey's published works concentrate on luxury topics. His book on Aston Martin (Aston Martin: Power, Beauty and Soul) features contributions from many Aston Martin personnel, including past owners, CEOs, engineers, designers and racing drivers, and revealed for the first time the numerous custom cars built by the Aston Martin Special Projects Team for the Brunei Royal Family
His book on Elfin Sports Cars (Elfin: The Spirit of Speed) was written after more than 50 subjects had been interviewed, including Vern Schuppan, Larry Perkins, John Bowe, Bob Jane, John McCormack, Frank Matich, Spencer Martin and Kevin Bartlett.
Dowsey's book about Sydney bespoke tailoring house, JH Cutler, (Making the Cut: The Power and Passion behind a Tailoring Dynasty), detailed for the first time the behind-the-scenes story of Australian Test Cricket captain and Channel Nine commentator, Richie Benaud's famous cream sports coat.
Aston Martin: Power, Beaty and Soul and A Le Mans Diary have been auctioned by Bonhams in London for £437 and £529 respectively, while a limited edition version of the book Making the Cut: The Power and Passion behind a Tailoring Dynasty, complete with specially commissioned ebony macassar presentation box and bespoke vicuna sports coat, sells for A$33,000
- Aston Martin: Power, Beauty and Soul (2007, 2010, 2012, 2017, 2019)
- A Le Mans Diary (2007)
- On Solid Ground (2008) editor
- Making the Cut: The Power and Passion behind a Tailoring Dynasty (2014)
- Elfin: The Spirit of Speed (2020)
- VACC: Powering automotive for 100 years (2019) co-author and editor
- "David Dowsey". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Aston Martin DBSZ Concept". TradeUniqueCars.com.au. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Are ravenous rats eating our cars?". www.abc.net.au. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Rats in the ranks". GoAutoNews Premium. 2017-04-27. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- readAugust 7, KAREN COLLIERless than 2 min; global newscorpau (2015-08-07). "Servos' service with a smile". heraldsun. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Pole position to name ute". CarsGuide. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Australian Motoring Festival ends: Too expensive, not enough interest | CarAdvice". CarAdvice.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Australia still capable of mass car manufacturing, says industry group". motoring.com.au. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Australian Automotive". vacc.com.au. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Motorclassica". Motorclassica 2022. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Book Review: 'Aston Martin: Power, Beauty and Soul'". www.classicdriver.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "» Aston Martin: Power, Beauty and Soul". Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "A Guide to Works Service Special Projects « Aston Martins.com". astonmartins.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- Lacey, Stephen (2015-04-15). "The real story behind Richie Benaud's famous cream jacket". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Bonhams : David Dowsey: Aston Martin - Power, Beauty and Soul". www.bonhams.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Bonhams : David Dowsey and David Wright: A Le Mans Diary". www.bonhams.com. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Making the Cut: The power & passion behind a tailoring dynasty". J.H. Cutler OAM Bespoke Tailor & Shirt Maker in Sydney Est. 1884. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Aston Martin". Images Publishing UK. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
- "Books". David Dowsey. Retrieved 2021-07-02.
This article "David Dowsey" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:David Dowsey. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.