As a motion picture director, he had two films nominated for Academy Awards (Climb - Best Live Action Short Film and John Muir's High Sierra - Best Short Subject Documentary) before he was thirty: Climb (1974) and John Muir's High Sierra (1974).
He has published nine books, including California!, Visions of Wilderness, What The Road Passes By, Robert Frost; A Tribute To The Source, Canyon Country and John Muir’s High Sierra. One of his most recent books, The Nature of Leadership was created in collaboration with Stephen R. Covey (The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People).
Dewitt's column, Basic Jones, has appeared in Outdoor Photographer magazine for over 18 years. In it, Dewitt explores the spiritual side of photography.
Dewitt is also recognized as motivational speaker. Every year he speaks to corporations and organizations throughout the world about creativity and vision. He holds a CPAE award from the National Speakers Association.
Dewitt has also produced a number of training films including "Celebrate What's Right with the World" and "Everyday Creativity".
He is a cum laude graduate of Dartmouth College with a B.A. in Drama and holds a master's degree in film making from UCLA.
Books and Articles[edit | edit source]
He has written nine books: California!, Visions of Wilderness, What the Road Passes By, Robert Frost, A Tribute to the Source, Canyon Country, John Muir's High Sierra, and The Nature of Leadership which was created with Stephen R. Covey.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Jones, Dewitt; Judith Morgan (1989). California!. Graphic Arts Publishing Company. ISBN 1-55868-014-4.
- Jones, Dewitt; Loren Eiseley (1980). Visions of Wilderness. Graphic Arts Center Publishing Company. ISBN 0-912856-62-9.
- Jones, Dewitt; Edited by Eleanor Huggins (1978). What The Road Passes By. Graphic Arts Center Publishing Company. ISBN 0-912856-47-5.
- Jones, Dewitt; Poems by Robert Frost; Text by David Bradley (1979). Robert Frost;A Tribute To The Source. Henry Holt & Company. ISBN 0-03-046326-2.
- Jones, Dewitt; Stephen Trimble (1986). Canyon Country. Graphic Arts Center Publishing Company. ISBN 0-932575-07-2.
- Jones, Dewitt; Tom H. Watkins (1991). John Muir's America. [Graphic Arts Center Publishing Company]. ISBN 0-912856-64-5.
- Jones, Dewitt; A. Roger Merril; Stephen R Covey (1998). The Nature of Leadership. [Franklin Covey Company]. ISBN 1-883219-90-6.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 370: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Dewitt Jones" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Dewitt Jones/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.