Disappearance of Maya Millete
|Disappearance of Maya Millete|
|Born||Maya Anatasia Millete|
September 9, 1981
|Disappeared||January 7, 2021 (aged 39)
Chula Vista, California
|Status||Missing for 1 year, 7 months and 1 day|
|Being a missing person|
|👶 Children||Allison Millete (Sister, born, March 1, 2015)|
Justin Millete (Brother, born, March 15, 2010)
Joey Millete (Young Man, born, January 2, 2002)
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Dylan Millete|
Disappearance and search
On January 7, 2021, Maya Millete was last seen at around 5 in the evening. Two days later, the sister of Millete, Maricris Drouaillet, reported that Maya was missing. On January 23, 2021, investigators searched Maya's home. They looked for any evidence that would show where she was. On February 5, 2021, the Chula Vista Police Department and Maya's family held a briefing to encourage the public to look for Maya. Skeletal remains were found in Orange County that were thought to be Millete's remains, but this was proven false, and the remains were then said to be that of a male. Later on the remains were proven to be animal bones.
Six gunshots can be heard in an audio recording that was released. The audio recording corresponds to surveillance footage that was not released due to privacy concerns brought by the neighbor who has the footage and recording.
Appearance on Dr. Phil
The attorney for Maya's family, Maya's sister, and Maya's brother-in-law appeared on Dr. Phil on April 12, 2021.
- List of people who disappeared
- Garske, Monica (February 8, 2021). "Timeline: The Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May 'Maya' Millete". NBC 7 San Diego. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- "Missing California mom: FBI, NCIS assisting Chula Vista PD in search for Maya Millete | Fox News". www.foxnews.com. Retrieved 2021-04-25.
- "Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home". NBC News. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- Search warrant served at home of Larry Millete's aunt and uncle, retrieved 2021-04-22
- "4 law enforcement agencies team up on Maya Millete case". www.cbs8.com. Retrieved 2021-04-25.
- Skeletal remains found in Huntington Beach not Maya Millete, retrieved 2021-04-22
- "Skeletal remains found in Huntington Beach not Maya Millete". cbs8.com. Retrieved 2021-04-22.
- "Remains found during missing mom search determined to be animal bones". FOX 5 San Diego. 2021-03-01. Retrieved 2021-04-22.
- Gotfredson, David. "Surveillance video records 6 loud bangs on night Maya Millete went missing". CBS8. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- Gotfredson, David. "The search for Maya Millete ; Attorney: That's exactly what a gunshot sounds like". CBS8. Retrieved April 9, 2021.
This article "Disappearance of Maya Millete" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Disappearance of Maya Millete. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.