Disaster Capitalism Film
Disaster Capitalism is a 2018 documentary directed by Thor Neureiter that reveals the dark reality in the global aid and investment industry. Disaster Capitalism takes the viewer inside three countries, Haiti, Afghanistan and Papua New Guinea, to reveal how the cause and effect of globalised development and aid is shaping realities in these vulnerable nations. It's topical, controversial, edgy and far removed from what viewers see on their nightly news and daily websites.
Disaster Capitalism was based on the book “Disaster Capitalism: Making a Killing out of Catastrophe” written by Australian-German investigative journalist Antony Loewenstein.
“Disaster Capitalism is a ground-breaking documentary film about Bougainville, Haiti and Afghanistan, revealing the dark underbelly of the global aid and investment industry. The film offers important insights into a secret multi-billion dollar world by investigating how aid money is actually spent — or misspent. Prominent journalist and author Antony... Loewenstein... joins award-winning filmmaker Thor Neureiter on a four-year journey through the world of shady mining companies, corrupt and failing governments and resilient local communities.”
- "Disaster Capitalism". Screen Australia. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- "The future of documentaries with 'Disaster Capitalism"s Thor Neureiter". Film Daily. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Pierce, Andrew. "Disaster Capitalism Director Thor Neureiter Interview – Not A Knife". The Curb. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Hatherley, Owen (27 November 2015). "Disaster Capitalism: Making a Killing Out of Catastrophe by Antony Loewenstein review – the management of nightmares". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Rigby, Brittney (18 June 2020). "Walkley Foundation names winners of 2020 Mid-Year Celebration of Journalism". Mumbrella. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- "The June Andrews Award for Women's Leadership in Media". The Walkley Foundation. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Groves, Don. "Media Stockade fosters diversity with 'Back to Nature'". IF Australia. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Loewenstein, Anthony. "Strong review of the documentary, Disaster Capitalism". Anthony Loewenstein. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
This article "Disaster Capitalism Film" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Disaster Capitalism Film. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.