Don't Know Why
|Don't Know Why|
|📅 Released||July 24, 2003|
|🎙️ Recorded||April 6, 2003|
|Studio||Avatar Studios, NYC|
|🤑 Producer||Tetsuo Hara, Todd Barkan|
|Harold Mabern chronology|
Don't Know Why is an album by pianist Harold Mabern which was originally released on Venus Records in Japan in 2003.
The AllMusic review by Ken Dryden stated that "It's difficult not to break into a smile when hearing Harold Mabern play piano, as the hard bop stylist has a knack for giving his all as if he were entertaining an audience, even during a studio date. This trio meeting with bassist Nat Reeves and drummer Joe Farnsworth finds Mabern covering a lot of styles, including a few surprising choices. ... Reeves and Farnsworth excel in their support of Mabern, though the hard-charging pianist is practically a one-man band with his boundless energy".
All compositions by Harold Mabern except where noted
- "Edward Lee" – 6:19
- "Dance With Me" (Peter Brown, Robert Rans) – 6:38
- "My Favorite Things" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 5:18
- "Don't Know Why" (Jesse Harris) – 4:39
- "Dreamy" (Erroll Garner) – 6:27
- "Cabu" (Roland Alexander) – 6:11
- "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top" (Rogers, Oscar Hammerstein II) – 6:16
- "Nightlife in Tokyo" – 6:09
- "Blues for David" (Buddy Montgomery) – 5:00
- "My Shining Hour" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) – 4:33
This article "Don't Know Why (album)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Don't Know Why (album). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.