Dr. Ashvind Bawa
Dr. Ashvind Bawa
|Edit this InfoBox|
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon
|Native name||Ashvind Bawa|
|Other names||Dr. Bawa|
|Education||MBBS, MS - Surgery|
|Occupation||Associate Professor, DMCH, Ludhiana|
|Employer||Dayanand Medical College & Hospital|
|Known for||Laparoscopic Surgery|
|Notable work||Hernia Surgery, Gall Bladder Surgery|
Early Life[edit | edit source]
BIRTH DETAILS: June 20th, 1982, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
MS (Surgery): University of Jammu, India,
MBBS: Baba Farid University, Punjab, India
FACS, FMAS, FIAGES, FALS, FICS Fellow, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
MARRIED TO: Dr. Sayesha Bawa IVF and Infertility Specialist, Gaudium Bawa IVF Center Bawa Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
CHILDREN: Rabeer Bawa, Sabeer Bawa
PARENTS: Dr. Lata Bawa, Dr. Arvind Bawa
|MS (Surgery)||Jammu University|
|FIAGES||Indian Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons|
|FMAS||Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India|
|Fellowship Bariatric Surgery||Max Hospital, Saket|
|Fellowship Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery||Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore|
|Short Term Training in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery||AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Short Term Training in Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery||AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Robotic Surgery Hands on Training on Da Vinci Si System||SAGES, Baltimore|
|Fellowship Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS)||Chennai|
|Fellowship International College of Surgeons (FICS)||Bengaluru|
|Fellowship American College of Surgeons (FACS)||Chicago|
|Fellowship International Bariatric Club (FIBC)||Manila|
Career[edit | edit source]
Dr. Ashvind Bawa is the Associate Professor of Surgery at one of the most premier institutes of North India, Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana. With over 15 years of experience devoted to serving the humanity, he has been rewarded with many national and international awards for his contribution towards this faculty of science & medicine.
In 2014, he was awarded the Honorary Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS), followed by Fellowship of American College of Surgeons (FACS) in 2015.
A distinguished fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Specialization in Hernia surgery, gall bladder surgery, bariatric surgery, appendix, weight loss, fistula & piles surgery, varicose vein surgery, chest, and vats surgery. Also, a specialist in treating diabetic foot and managing complicated wounds.
Publications:[edit | edit source]
- Pregabalin in Chronic Post–thoracotomy Pain.J ClinDiagn Res. 2013 August; 7(8): 1659–1661.
- The Role of Fibrin Glue in the Treatment of High and Low Fistulas in Ano. J ClinDiagn Res. 2013 May; 7(5): 876–879.
- Hemodynamic responses with different dose of ketamine and propofol in day care gynecological surgeries. J ClinDiagn Res. 2013 Nov;7(11):2548-50.
- Role of diagnostic laparoscopy in chronic abdominal conditions with uncertain diagnosis.Niger J Surg. 2014 Jul;20(2):75-8.
- Role of routine intraoperative cholangiography during laparoscopic cholecystectomy.SurgEndosc. 2014 Dec 6.
- Role of Amylase and Lipase Levels in Diagnosis of Blunt Trauma Abdomen.J ClinDiagn Res. 2016 Feb;10(2):PC20-3.